Hardware [HELP] Dead N3DS BSOD T_T

supertaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi. i was trying to downgrade a N3DS XL via hardware (now i brought a ZooT cartridge). Pretty good soldering. But i was unaware that only certain SD card readers works with the N3DS. So, i couldn't read the nand. Tried so many things, plug and unplug so many times everything and in the last desperate moment, i soldered a female USB and plugged onto the pc. "Device Error" on the pc. Then, i unsoldered everything, put back together, and BAM! BSOD. Upper screen doesn't work, down screen, the BSOD. Any idea?

-I doesn't have nand backup.

So... i'm screwd? :/

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have used an USB cable 5V without SD reader device, your NAND is burned.
So motherboard is dead.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Yeah, SD and USB run at different voltages. Because you didn't step down the voltage on the USB reader, you essentially fried your 3DS and there is zero chance of any kind of recovery whatsoever.

supertaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok. I was thinking the same... So... any place where i can find a N3DS XL motherboard?

(and thanks for the fast reply)

dg_dex

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup game over I'm afraid. Each nand is tied to it's own motherboard. So even reballing a new nand flash to your motherboard wouldn't recover your console. eBay would be your best bet. They usually sell for around £50/$70 on there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Chrono Trigger