Homebrew [Help!] ctr-httpwn not working on luma 8.1.1 + B9S 1.2

rahaat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
recently i have updated to B9S and ctr-httpwn comes up with an error to load the haxx, the friends menu work but games like Pokemon Sun are not working, but they were working before
Im on a O3DS 11.2, with Luma 8.1.1 and B9S 1.2, can someone help!

p.s dont say "why dont you update"; as i have my reasons and its annoying x

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what are your reasons? and why is it annoying? I hope you don't plan on updating Luma in the future then, because it removed the friend module patch so you'll have to update if you want to go online.

It's 100% safe to update your console, and you can still be banned using outdated firmware; if anything that's a huge red flag itself when trying to access Nintendo's servers.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be working on 11.2 though, It says it supports up to 11.3.
https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

Not quite sure why it's giving you problems OP, is it working for any other games?
According the the 3dBrew research updates there were changes serverside to the modules used by CTRHttpwn. It will still let you connect to the services, but not use them. The only thing that works is the friends list. You can get into eShop, but downloading a game will get you to 99% and a nice "timeout error". Same thing happens with DLC and stuff, so it makes sense that they aren't able to connect online in Pokemon.

Reactions: 8BitWonder

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According the the 3dBrew research updates there were changes serverside to the modules used by CTRHttpwn. It will still let you connect to the services, but not use them. The only thing that works is the friends list. You can get into eShop, but downloading a game will get you to 99% and a nice "timeout error". Same thing happens with DLC and stuff, so it makes sense that they aren't able to connect online in Pokemon.
Ah, my bad. Thanks for the clarification. ;)

rahaat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

but thanks, ill try and update ;w;

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont haveto worry about losing cfw under B9Sits nothing they can patch at all not w.o a new hardware revision, A9LH it had a sliiiiiight chance they could but not w/o affecting legitimate people and it'd could of caused another "Korean Wii Problem" or something verry similar all over again for em. if anything there might be a slight Delay if a patch needs to be implemented to luma itself. but flat out loosing CFW? Nope. :3

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said if on b9s it's totally safe to update and it won't remove any homework etc. The only reason to stay on 11.2 is if you are a gateway user.... as there cow doesn't work above 11.2 and will brick you. Luma however works fine on 11.3 and up and won't brick you.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's safe with CFW. Update scares were a thing of the past when using userland homebrew with game exploits; since they were susceptible to being patched. B9S is run from the bootrom and cannot be removed by a software update while using a CFW with firm protection (Luma).

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's safe with CFW. Update scares were a thing of the past when using userland homebrew with game exploits; since they were susceptible to being patched. B9S is run from the bootrom and cannot be removed by a software update while using a CFW with firm protection (Luma).
even then if a update gets around it on Luma, theres always ntrboothax to Re-install

Reactions: Majickhat55

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If you get error 0xc8a0f842 like the photo below, you can ignore the error and carry on. I have 11.2 and Luma+B9S on my o3DS as well— although I get this error screen, I can connect to the eShop, etc. afterwards.

e40sWYHl.jpg

EDIT: Missed the part about Pokémon Sun, sorry. It might be one of the games that it doesn't work for (ctr-httpwn's README mentions Smash and Monster Hunter as examples). Worst case scenario, an update won't kill your homebrew access.

Last edited by Dialexio,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: