Hacking [Help] Corrupted SD Card, what do I do?

ChaosWeeb

Pleb Modding King
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, my SD Card got corrupted and formated and now I think my 3DS is finished for. Can you give me a tutorial how to get my custom firmware back and as well as my games and updates? I know also my save files are gone but that doesn't bother me

My 3DS Specs:
Model: O3DS
CFW (well what I had): Luma 3DS + A9LH
SD Card size: 16 GB

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, my SD Card got corrupted and formated and now I think my 3DS is finished for. Can you give me a tutorial how to get my custom firmware back and as well as my games and updates? I know also my save files are gone but that doesn't bother me

My 3DS Specs:
Model: O3DS
CFW (well what I had): Luma 3DS + A9LH
SD Card size: 16 GB
Go to the 3DS Guide. Find the page "Installing arm9loaderhax".
Do "Section I - Prep Work", but skip #2.
Skip "Section II". Go do "Section III - Configuring Luma3DS", skip "Section IV". Continue from "Section V" until the end.

ChaosWeeb

Pleb Modding King
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Go to the 3DS Guide. Find the page "Installing arm9loaderhax".
Do "Section I - Prep Work", but skip #2.
Skip "Section II". Go do "Section III - Configuring Luma3DS", skip "Section IV". Continue from "Section V" until the end.
That's more accurate (no offense Kourin)! Thanks! I'll do it after work because I am busy! Ill restore my games and updates by my own and restart my games from scratch.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's more accurate (no offense Kourin)! Thanks! I'll do it after work because I am busy! Ill restore my games and updates by my own and restart my games from scratch.
Good luck. You can redownload legit purchases from eShop, unless you've been banned. The rest of the stuff is toast, including your tickets. You'll have to start over. Only thing that'll survive something like that is whatever's on the NAND.

ChaosWeeb

Pleb Modding King
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Good luck. You can redownload legit purchases from eShop, unless you've been banned. The rest of the stuff is toast, including your tickets. You'll have to start over. Only thing that'll survive something like that is whatever's on the NAND.
Well I haven't been banned, so I can get my legits back, so I'll just use tikShop to get my tickets back, use eShop to get my legits, and freeShop to get my other games and updates

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I haven't been banned, so I can get my legits back, so I'll just use tikShop to get my tickets back, use eShop to get my legits, and freeShop to get my other games and updates
That'll work. You don't need to use tikShop since eShop and freeShop will install the tickets for you when you download things again.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I know that part, but what about all my tickets and games I purchased legit and downloaded from freeShop? And my save files?
Purchased items are stored on Nintendo Server.
You can always re-download them on every NAND suit for your console.
But savegames are gone if no NAND-untagged backup (SaveDataFiler backup for exploited 3DS or JKSM backup for HBL-available-non-exploited 3DS).

Freeshop items are illegal so you need to reinstall them all.

Last edited by MelonGx,

ChaosWeeb

Pleb Modding King
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, I fixed it. So now ive got my cfw back on there, now I am going to now restore my other homebrew and cfw tools and apps, then get the enctitlekeys.bin for freeShop, then update Luma to the latest nightly, then check for any errors, then reinstall all my games and updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y