Help, corrupted everything updating to 13.0 and lost.

Js2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disclaimer as I believe this is what messed things up; I used a Mac to move files in and out of sd card as my PC didn’t have an SD reader. So on that note this is what happened:

So I hadn’t updated my Switch in a good year and everything was working fine. Yesterday I updated to 13.0 and the latest Atmosphere and sig patches and fusee.bin. I was able to get it all updated fine but then I would open Tinfoil and get corrupted message. So I deleted tinfoil reinstalled it and after downloading a game it would say NCA error or something like that. And the game I downloaded wouldn’t work. All my other games were still working fine at this moment and Then tinfoil would go corrupted again.

I looked into it a bit and saw a post that said if your using a Mac to transfer things in an out of sd card it could cause issues. So I followed another guide that says to highlight root of SD on a PC go to properties, advanced and untick an archive box. Did the steps listed. Although I will point out, one step said to go into Nintendo folder, content, reserved highlight everything and untick the box, only my folder was empty and nothing to highligh. Either way I rightclicked and did the check archive thing here as well.

Now I load up atmosphere just fine but any game I click on is corrupted. Any game that once worked is also corrupted. I hold R and click on a game to get into HB menu and get Corrupted. Can only go directly to album and go into applet mode. Can’t play any game that I have they are all corrupted, cant hold R and go into HB menu. Ever since I checked that archive box it has made the situation worse. Now nothing works at all everything is now corrupted lol. Any help will be much appreciated.

Reactions: lattechan

Js2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried that fix and I think I will try it one more time. But again my Nintendo “registered” folder is empty. No idea what’s supposed to be in there. The tutorial says to highlight everything in Registered folder but I have nothing to highlight.

If this doesn’t work, I’m wondering if I reformat my sd card on my pc now that I have a SD adapter, and reinstalled the files would that fix things? If so, is it as simple as reformatting sd card and reinstalling the files?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried that fix and I think I will try it one more time. But again my Nintendo “registered” folder is empty. No idea what’s supposed to be in there. The tutorial says to highlight everything in Registered folder but I have nothing to highlight.

If this doesn’t work, I’m wondering if I reformat my sd card on my pc now that I have a SD adapter, and reinstalled the files would that fix things? If so, is it as simple as reformatting sd card and reinstalling the files?
Yes but will just have to re-install the games, but yea best approach I think. Format to Fat32, Treat it like a fresh install of Atmos

Js2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright well I got everything back up and running and updated. Tinfoil is also working and able to download and play games.

The “fix” was to format the sd card and put it back to factory undoing w.e mess my Mac did to it. Then just dragging in all the regular files like usual. Updated to 13.1 from daybreak and reinstalled tinfoil and now everything is working and up to date. Lost all my previous games I had and have to redownload them is the only catch, not a big deal to me as I only had 5 games on it. Lesson learned don’t let your SD card any where near a Mac.

Reactions: BigOnYa

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Probably cause your games are in SD:\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo not in SD:\Nintendo.
It's very important that the games have the archive bit set or nothing will work. But everything else on the card shouldn't.
Well, too late now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"