[Help] Converting SC saves in M3 saves

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Bispo Snake, Oct 9, 2007.

Oct 9, 2007
  1. Bispo Snake
    OP

Newcomer Bispo Snake Member

Brazil
    Gentleman,

I have an Supercard Slot2, because I like to play GBA games in my NDS. But, SC play some games, like Final Fantasy 6 and others, with slowdown. A BIG slowdown.

To resolve this, i've bought a M3Lite - Slot2. The problem with the slowdowns is past now, but there is another problem bugging me... my savegames are all in .sav/512k format and the M3 works with .dat/512k format (I guess).

I tried to convert the NDS save files (I don't need to convert GBA save files because I don't have any) using the M3 Game Manager and others tools like the M3SaveTool, without success. The soft that was almost there was the M3SaveTool, but he converted the savefiles with 256k wich my M3 could not read... when the game tries to read the save, a message warning about corrupted file returns.

Does anybody know how to work with this problem or have any idea for fixing it? The savegame in the case is of the Phantom Hourglass. Strange, since the save of Luminous Arc that is in the same folder have 256k...

Thanks for the help and sorry about my bad english!
    Snake.

2. aerowalk

Member aerowalk GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    - transform your savefile into M3 Simply / R4 format (download it from R4/ M3 website)
    - it will create .sav file with 512k size
    - download a hex editor
    - trim half of the size so it'll be 256k
    - load the .sav file via gamemanager

tutorial on how to divide your .sav file by half:
    http://forums.pspcrazy.com/forums/ds-gener...-m3-simply.html

3. Bispo Snake
    OP

Newcomer Bispo Snake Member

Brazil
    I'll try this and post the result.

Thanks for the reply!