Hardware [Help] Connecting Wii Standard Cables to Amplifier

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,961
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
Well, I need to know how to connect the sound output of the wii cables ( ie the Wii AV cable) to :
htr5540_550.jpg

My amplifier.
Any ideas?

p. Oh, yeah. It does support ProLogic if anyone wants to know.

also, http://www.yamaha.ca/av/PDFs/Manuals/HTR5540_e.pdf page 13 has a diagram of the back panel

D

Deleted User

OP
nando said:
you just plug red to red and white to white.
as if it were that simple. There are 8 combinations of red/white on the back panel.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no it is that simple. just pick a red and white that are next to each other. you can pick v-aux, vcr in, d-tv cable or dvd. the others are multichannel which the wii doesn't do.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you have composite and normal AV leads if you reciever is new then you want to hook it up to say AV2 which will be analogue then if the amp is HDMI then the HDMI lead to the tv, thats how I hooked my wii up, I did have composite leads but they were cheap crap and the picture would go black every now and then.

mrfraser89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok.

The wii has two options for video, and only one option for sound.

Depending on if you are using Component cables or Composite cables.

Component -

These are the Red, Green, Blue for video, and Red and White for sound.

Your amplifier, as far as I can see from the PDF, does not have the ability to do component video. If you're using component, you simply plug the RGB cables into the TV, and the Red/White sound into the amplifier at either, VCR, V-AUX, DVD, and D-TV/CBL.

To get it playing, your amplifier will need to be turned onto the correct input for the wii, as well as turned onto the Composite channel.

Composite -

In this case, you plug the Red White and YELLOW into either, VCR IN, V-AUX, DVD, and D-TV/CBL. (Ignore VCR OUT)

THEN you have to run another yellow cable from the Monitor OUT port on the amplifier into the TV.

This will allow you to switch between multiple units if say, you have another DVD player or something like that in the amplifier. If you do this, your TV will be turned onto, say, AV1 for example, and then you switch the amplifier between DVD/VCR/V-AUX etc to change between Wii and DVD player.

If you're still confused, please let me know, but it is relatively simple as matching red - white (only that you SHOULDN'T plug into is the OUT terminals, as well as the 6CH Input - this is only for surround sound DVD players, the wii doesn't do this. If you want surround sound, your amp should still be able to play stereo surround from the wii using the method I explained above).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.