OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi to all GBAtemp!!!

I've recently cloned @niuus' FCE Ultra RX and Snes9x RX for make a version of each one of them for add a proper "autoboot ROM / game" feature when provided arguments in the meta.xml file of each emulator, additionally in my fork of FCEURX i've added some color palettes for increase the choice of selecting a custom color palette when playing.

I got devkitPro and all the required files for GC/Wii homebrew compiling.

But I still need help about what is the setup of devkitPro (devkitPPC) for compile properly Snes9x RX and FCE Ultra RX, becuase I always got stuck in those errors in these versions, (except of the official FCE Ultra RX source code from @niuus which i don't have problems), as shown:

Snes9x RX official from @niuus:

upload_2021-8-8_16-36-25-png.272460

Snes9x RX Mod by me, @SaulFabre https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/Snes9xRX/

upload_2021-8-8_16-44-48-png.272462

FCE Ultra RX Mod by me, @SaulFabre https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/FCEUltraRX/

upload_2021-8-8_16-45-49-png.272463

I'm using the following setup:
  • devkitPro 3.0.3
  • devkitPPC r39
  • libogc 2.3.1
  • libfat 1.1.5
  • all the other required files for Wii homebrew compiling
Any help please? And what is the correct setup of devkitPro (devkitPPC) for compile properly Snes9x RX and FCE Ultra RX?

Greetings :(

@SaulFabre

Last edited by SaulFabre,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @SaulFabre, sorry for the bump but I'm wondering if you ever managed to find a solution to this? I'm looking to compile the same snes9x with my own menu background edits and was wondering if you could assist with any information, ie are the above packages still relevant and anything else I should look for?

Thanks man.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi @SaulFabre, sorry for the bump but I'm wondering if you ever managed to find a solution to this? I'm looking to compile the same snes9x with my own menu background edits and was wondering if you could assist with any information, ie are the above packages still relevant and anything else I should look for?

Thanks man.
sorry for not giving news of this, but i solved this

@InfiniteBlue sent me the libOGC 1.8.15-1 and portlibs files required for this.
You must compile the RX emulators using devkitPPC r26.

Anyways, if you got devkitPPC r26, get the portlibs and libOGC for this attached here.

Best regards, @SaulFabre

Attachments

• libogc-portlibs-RX.7z
    3.1 MB · Views: 32

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry for not giving news of this, but i solved this

@InfiniteBlue sent me the libOGC 1.8.15-1 and portlibs files required for this.
You must compile the RX emulators using devkitPPC r26.

Anyways, if you got devkitPPC r26, get the portlibs and libOGC for this attached here.

Best regards, @SaulFabre
Excellent, many thanks for that... Wish me luck!

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am in way over my head here!! How do i tell msys2 to create the dol? I can't find ANY information on where to start with this. If there are any tutorials without a university degree at the end I'd appreciate the link.

Or can I be really galling and ask if someone can compile this for me please? I've only edited the menu png files.

Attachments

• Snes9xRX-5.2.0.rar
    2.8 MB · Views: 24

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in way over my head here!! How do i tell msys2 to create the dol? I can't find ANY information on where to start with this. If there are any tutorials without a university degree at the end I'd appreciate the link.

Or can I be really galling and ask if someone can compile this for me please? I've only edited the menu png files.
it errors at the menu.cpp iirc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, it does it to me with the regular version. something above is not the right version as that's the files I used. tried with cmd prompt and msys64.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre , could you take a look at @Lostbhoy 's link? I'm continuing to try to compile it, but with devkitppc r26 and libogc and portlibs you've supplied, I get iirc the same error as your third image. it was just updated a month or two ago, so it may be using a newer version of the files.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre , could you take a look at @Lostbhoy 's link? I'm continuing to try to compile it, but with devkitppc r26 and libogc and portlibs you've supplied, I get iirc the same error as your third image. it was just updated a month or two ago, so it may be using a newer version of the files.
Yesterday i tried compiling @Lostbhoy's modified code of Snes9x RX and it throwed error when compiling menu.cpp.

I will try to compile the original 5.2.0 code for see if this occurs.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
1660744874930.png

These are the errors i get when compiling both official Snes9xRX 5.2.0 code and @Lostbhoy's code, stops at menu.

But i think i know what's exactly causing the issue:

If you look at commit https://github.com/niuus/Snes9xRX/commit/378aef3c

1660744952449.png

@niuus accidentally removed the "HiResolution", "cpuOverclock" and "SpriteLimit" variables on snes9xgx.h file, which caused the code to not compile.

Adding them back again now it compiles the menu.cpp correctly, and by now it's still compiling everything.

I will bring later a fix to compiling error to niuus on the Snes9xRX GitHub.

EDIT 1: Submitted a fix for the code compilation on: https://github.com/niuus/Snes9xRX/pull/57

For apply this fix yourself, look this: https://github.com/niuus/Snes9xRX/pull/57/files

Last edited by SaulFabre,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow... Thank you so much for your time with this guys, I really do appreciate it.

Will try it out when i get home and the screenshots above have actually helped me also as to how to begin the compile. Some reading and some experimentation will be on the cards as I really want to try this myself but again, thanks @godreborn and @SaulFabre.... Legends :grog:

• Love
Reactions: godreborn

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a little progress report! and don't worry, I'm not looking for anyone to fix it lol

Dol loads and operates perfectly fine however there is no bg music or sfx in the menu and the screens below is where my confusion really begins!

I made a mock up of what I hoped to achieve...
mock up DRC 2.jpg

And by using the original png images from the source files as a template I simply copy and pasted my images over the original images while keeping the same dimensions as the original so I do not know why it ended up like this...

IMG_20220817_193826.jpg

IMG_20220817_181752.jpg

The background in the options I sort of expected as the image was called options bg lol...no clue what the main window bg is or how it is generated and the ratio is way off on the top and bottom borders as well as the game list scroll bar but strangest of all are the vertical lines best seen in the pics on the scroll bar. This encompasses the whole of the game list box and nowhere else. (There are more visible lines from the gamepad screen and my crappy camera!!)

Ah well, will try again at the weekend if I can get the compiling to work myself. If not, it's been a wild ride lol!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos