Emulator Help compiling latest commits of Wii64?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre , I think I may know the source of your problem. you didn't set the bin folder to environmental variables:
export PATH=/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin:$PATH

I couldn't get it to compile though. it went on for a while, but then it got stuck at fat.h. libfat doesn't seem to work correctly, so the project may be too old.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre , I think I may know the source of your problem. you didn't set the bin folder to environmental variables:
export PATH=/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin:$PATH

I couldn't get it to compile though. it went on for a while, but then it got stuck at fat.h. libfat doesn't seem to work correctly, so the project may be too old.
thanks @godreborn, but i already i think i got it.
I just used the build.bat script provided with the source code and it compiled it for me.
Only thing i saw that didn't compile was the WiiVC versions (but that doesn't matter to me) :P

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks @godreborn, but i already i think i got it.
I just used the build.bat script provided with the source code and it compiled it for me.
Only thing i saw that didn't compile was the WiiVC versions (but that doesn't matter to me) :P
that still doesn't work for me. it can't find gctypes or gccore, not sure why.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
that still doesn't work for me. it can't find gctypes or gccore, not sure why.
don't know what is your problem...

but today i was fixing some code for autobooting games on Wii64 and when i got to compiling, i finally got compiling both original Wii and WiiVC versions of Wii64.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know what is your problem...

but today i was fixing some code for autobooting games on Wii64 and when i got to compiling, i finally got compiling both original Wii and WiiVC versions of Wii64.
I think I got all errors corrected except wiidrc/wiidrc.h. there's no make install with it, so I don't know where the files go for that.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still doesn't work:

C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\f\Wii64>del release\*.dol /s
Could Not Find C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\f\Wii64\release\*.dol

C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\f\Wii64>mv cube*.dol release\gamecube\
mv: cannot stat 'cube*.dol': No such file or directory

C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\f\Wii64>mv wii64-glN64.dol release\apps\wii64\boot.dol
mv: cannot stat 'wii64-glN64.dol': No such file or directory

C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\f\Wii64>mv wii64-glN64-wiivc.dol release\apps\wii64_wiivc\boot.dol
mv: cannot stat 'wii64-glN64-wiivc.dol': No such file or directory

C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\f\Wii64>mv wii64-Rice.dol "release\apps\wii64 Rice\boot.dol"
mv: cannot stat 'wii64-Rice.dol': No such file or directory

C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\f\Wii64>mv wii64-Rice-wiivc.dol "release\apps\wii64 Rice_wiivc\boot.dol"
mv: cannot stat 'wii64-Rice-wiivc.dol': No such file or directory

C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\f\Wii64>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
still doesn't work:

C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\f\Wii64>del release\*.dol /s
Could Not Find C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\f\Wii64\release\*.dol

C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\f\Wii64>mv cube*.dol release\gamecube\
mv: cannot stat 'cube*.dol': No such file or directory

C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\f\Wii64>mv wii64-glN64.dol release\apps\wii64\boot.dol
mv: cannot stat 'wii64-glN64.dol': No such file or directory

C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\f\Wii64>mv wii64-glN64-wiivc.dol release\apps\wii64_wiivc\boot.dol
mv: cannot stat 'wii64-glN64-wiivc.dol': No such file or directory

C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\f\Wii64>mv wii64-Rice.dol "release\apps\wii64 Rice\boot.dol"
mv: cannot stat 'wii64-Rice.dol': No such file or directory

C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\f\Wii64>mv wii64-Rice-wiivc.dol "release\apps\wii64 Rice_wiivc\boot.dol"
mv: cannot stat 'wii64-Rice-wiivc.dol': No such file or directory

C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\f\Wii64>pause
Press any key to continue . . .
same thing happened to me, but i got the elf files luckily.

Just take the elf files you got from compiling, then convert them to dol with elf2dol.
(Copy the elfs to C:/devkitPro/tools/bin, then open CMD in that directory, and launch the following command for each elf you want to make a dol:
elf2dol.exe [your_elf].elf [new_dol].dol
Example: elf2dol.exe wii64-glN64.elf wii64-glN64.dol
That's all! :) )

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Compiled on linux few months ago, I've added this at the beginning of Makefile.base :

include $(DEVKITPPC)/wii_rules

It also might depend how you installed the libs with the pacman utility. Not too fond of this change in devkitpro but once used to it, it's not so bad.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compiled on linux few months ago, I've added this at the beginning of Makefile.base :

include $(DEVKITPPC)/wii_rules

It also might depend how you installed the libs with the pacman utility. Not too fond of this change in devkitpro but once used to it, it's not so bad.
godreborn@GODREBORN-LAPTOP:~/Wii64-1.3-20212212$ make -f Makefile.glN64_wii
powerpc-eabi-g++ glN64_GX/glN64.o glN64_GX/Config_linux.o glN64_GX/OpenGL.o glN64_GX/N64.o glN64_GX/RSP.o glN64_GX/VI.o glN64_GX/Textures.o glN64_GX/FrameBuffer.o glN64_GX/Combiner.o glN64_GX/gDP.o glN64_GX/gSP.o glN64_GX/GBI.o glN64_GX/DepthBuffer.o glN64_GX/CRC.o glN64_GX/2xSAI.o glN64_GX/TEV_combiner.o glN64_GX/RDP.o glN64_GX/F3D.o glN64_GX/F3DEX.o glN64_GX/F3DEX2.o glN64_GX/L3D.o glN64_GX/L3DEX.o glN64_GX/L3DEX2.o glN64_GX/S2DEX.o glN64_GX/S2DEX2.o glN64_GX/F3DPD.o glN64_GX/F3DDKR.o glN64_GX/F3DWRUS.o glN64_GX/F3DCBFD.o gc_memory/TLB-Cache-hash.o vm/dsihandler.o vm/wii_vm.o main/wii.o main/gamehacks.o main/rom_gc.o main/ROM-Cache.o main/main_gc-menu2.o main/gczip.o main/timers.o main/boxart.o main/boxart_resource.o menu/MenuContext.o menu/MainFrame.o menu/MiniMenuFrame.o menu/SelectRomFrame.o menu/LoadRomFrame.o menu/FileBrowserFrame.o menu/ConfigureButtonsFrame.o menu/ConfigureInputFrame.o menu/ConfigurePaksFrame.o menu/CurrentRomFrame.o menu/LoadSaveFrame.o menu/SaveGameFrame.o menu/SettingsFrame.o menu/SelectCPUFrame.o menu/MenuResources.o libgui/Box3D.o libgui/Button.o libgui/Component.o libgui/CursorManager.o libgui/FocusManager.o libgui/Frame.o libgui/GraphicsGX.o libgui/Gui.o libgui/GuiResources.o libgui/Image.o libgui/InputManager.o libgui/InputStatusBar.o libgui/IPLFont.o libgui/LoadingBar.o libgui/Logo.o libgui/MainInfoBar.o libgui/MessageBox.o libgui/MiniInfoBar.o libgui/resources.o libgui/TextBox.o fileBrowser/gc_dvd.o fileBrowser/fileBrowser-DVD.o fileBrowser/fileBrowser-CARD.o fileBrowser/fileBrowser-libfat.o fileBrowser/fileBrowser.o gui/GUI.o gui/DEBUG.o gui/TEXT.o r4300/r4300.o r4300/exception.o r4300/Invalid_Code.o r4300/Recomp-Cache-Heap.o gc_memory/tlb.o gc_memory/memory.o gc_memory/dma.o r4300/interupt.o r4300/recomp.o gc_memory/n64_cic_nus_6105.o gc_memory/pif.o r4300/pure_interp.o r4300/compare_core.o gc_memory/flashram.o main/md5.o main/savestates_gc.o r4300/profile.o main/adler32.o gc_input/controller-Classic.o gc_input/controller-WiimoteNunchuk.o gc_input/input.o gc_input/controller-GC.o gc_audio/audio.o rsp_hle/alist.o rsp_hle/alist_audio.o rsp_hle/alist_naudio.o rsp_hle/alist_nead.o rsp_hle/audio.o rsp_hle/cicx105.o rsp_hle/hle.o rsp_hle/hvqm.o rsp_hle/jpeg.o rsp_hle/memory.o rsp_hle/mp3.o rsp_hle/musyx.o rsp_hle/re2.o rsp_hle/plugin.o r4300/ppc/MIPS-to-PPC.o r4300/ppc/Recompile.o r4300/ppc/Wrappers.o r4300/ppc/FuncTree.o r4300/ppc/Register-Cache.o -mrvl -O3 -DGEKKO -mrvl -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float -Wl,-Map,wii64-glN64.elf.map -Wl,--cref -L/opt/devkitpro/libogc2/lib/wii -L/opt/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc/lib -lwiiuse -lbte -lz -logc -lm -lfat -ldb -lz -laesnd -logc -static -o wii64-glN64.elf
/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/11.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lfat
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Makefile.base:159: wii64-glN64.elf] Error 1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end