Help!! Cios Installer Failed -1017 in homebrew channel for wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by huesitos56789, Feb 14, 2009.

1. huesitos56789
    OP

Newcomer huesitos56789 Newbie

United States
    I have Homebrew Channel Version 9 and when I install cios installer it said "Failed -1017" on the last step. I got wii menu 3.4U. Can anyone tell me how to fix it withhout downgrading. Thx

2. timishu

Member timishu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You might want to get another copy of the app from a different source. Also, make sure that you have install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and cIOS-fix.wad. these will allow you to change your IOS and firmware setting.

PS
    I know that you don't want to downgrade but I highly recommend it! With 3.2, you can install wads and starfall your Wii to work around possible bricks!

3. DarkZBoy

Newcomer DarkZBoy Member

Canada
    I was just like you, eventually I had to downgrade, and I did search..... repeatedly.

Its very easy to downgrade, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUiHK4-LNlA, that was the most helpful video for me.

If you still do not want to downgrade, try using a diffrent cios installer, or downlogad the files manually then use the installer to install the files from the SD Card.