Hacking Help changing a Wii U game title ID to make a duplicate install

Drazini

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to duplicate breath of the wild on my Wii U, in such a way that there are 2 separate installations on my wii U (one vanilla/backup, and one for installing mods) however I am having trouble with it.

So far, I have tried 2 methods:

1. Renaming my original install's internal folders (which have the name of the title id) (then was planning on editing the meta.xml and app.xml), but ftpiiu kept giving me a 550 error when i tried to rename the folders, so I abandoned that method (I would have installed the game through the eshop normally afterwards, thus giving 2 separate installs)

2. getting my dump of the game, modifying the meta.xml and app.xml files, then repacking it with nuspacker. This seemed to be working, as it successfully packed (being the same size as botw normally) and installed through wup installer gx2, but when installed on the wii u it showed up as "???" on the menu and I had to delete the game. (although the custom name i set for it in the meta.xml showed up in the data management when i deleted it)

I have CBHC installed, I want to get the separate install working first, and then afterwards install the mods through FtpiiU-everywhere

Any help is much appreciated, I may have missed a location that references the title id, or messed it up somehow. I haven't touched tickets so far and hope I don't have to because I have no idea if they will work for something like this or how to properly use them, but I assumed (possibly wrongfully so) that it wouldn't matter because CBHC removes signature checks

in case its important: I set the title id to be 00050000102C9400 (normally the 2 is a 1) in both the app.xml file and the meta.xml files

In case anyone is wondering why i want to use this method: I have tried both loadiine and sdcaffine, I don't want to use loadiine because it talks ages to load, and I don't want to use sdcaffine since it unloads mods every blood moon and is not an ideal gameplay experience. My computer is not powerful enough to run CEMU well. This method also allows me to still play vanilla breath of the wild which I want to do still without having to manually remove my mods.

Last edited by Drazini,

Drazini

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the european version of the game
I can't believe I haven't tried this, will it work without further modification even though my WiiU is NTSC? (I have CBHC but have not messed with anything that would change my system region)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.