Homebrew Help - Cfw related icons have disappeared from home screen, I imagine its a simple fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LovePrecious

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short version:
My installed apps/games are not showing in the home screen, Nintendo's apps like "settings" and "Music player" are still visible.
I can launch all the installed titles/apps/games/cias from Homebrew - Injected FBI, I just can't install any Cia'a from FBI and again, the installed apps icons are not showing on the homescreen.

so i have an old 3ds xl with Luma9.1 , Rosalina v2.0.0 , and FBI 2.5.3, with 3ds firmware viersion 11.10.0-43U

Long version:
So I think i know exactly what i did to make this happen. It was because I deleted 3 files in the 'Titles' folder within FBI. In the 'Titles' folder there were 4 files listed right after the last title of the list of titles that i have installed whose names were just like a "Title ID" with 16 (seemingly random) characters. Some more information: these titles all have a GREEN color in the menu. None of them were red. Now, the 4 titles I deleted also had a GREEN color and again, were located right under the list of other green titles, actually looking like they belong to the same list since it was part of a list of green titles.

So right after I deleted 3 of those 4 green colored titles whose names were just like a "Title ID" with 16 (seemingly random) characters, I exited FBI to go back to the home menu and all the icons were GONE except for Nintendo's ones that came with the 3ds like "download play" and "settings" etc... But Lumaupdater is gone, FBI, Homebrew.

So I injected Homebrew into Face Raiders because my camera is broken and i never use it (i know i can just reverse the injection). And opened FBI inside homebrew and i could still see ALLLL of my installed titles. And when i press Launch Title they can all launch. BUT when I try to install a Cia from the Fbi/sd/cias folder i have had no success installing, only this error:

Failed to install CIA file.
Result code: 0xC92044FA
Level: Status (25)
Summary: Canceled (9)
Module: FS (17)
Desc: FAT operation denied (250)

So I can launch all the titles from Homebrew - Injected FBI, I just can't install any Cia'a from FBI and the installed apps icons are not showing on the homescreen.

If you would like to know more information about before the problem:

*BEFORE THE PROBLEM*
The reason I deleted them was because, over some time, as i had kept some of installed cia's on the 3ds. In the home screen, some of icons just...disappeared after some time, or the icon would still be there but when I clicked once to view the title but then the animated title would not be there, these apps would also crash upon starting.
This only happened with cia's that i got myself. None of the cfw cia's like luma updater, fbi, homebrew, checkpoint. Those all stayed fine.
So the reason i deleted those green colored 16 character named Titles (who also had sizes of like 1.8gb, 504mb, around there) was because i thought they must have been belonging to those corrupted apps that wouldnt work in the home menu anymore.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas? on how I could fix this? Maybe I can just replace a folder or update something?

Last edited by LovePrecious,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@LovePrecious, here is a troubleshooting outline.
  • Copy everything off your SD card, quadruple reformat, and test for hardware problems on the empty card with H2testw. Failed card requires replacing; check my signature for SD card deals.
  • Make sure you don't go over the 300 titles limit per a single Nintendo 3DS folder.
  • For mismatching encryption between the movable.sed KeyY and the Nintendo 3DS <ID0> subfolder, use CTRTransfer (Type D9) - Fix movable.sed KeyY.
  • For damaged 3DS database, use CTRTransfer (Type D9) - Rebuild 3DS Database.
  • For missing tickets, use faketik.
Sorry, I can't provide 1-on-1 assistance. Please search previous threads for cases of others with missing HOME Menu icons.

Reactions: Quantumcat

macalere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Short version:
My installed apps/games are not showing in the home screen, Nintendo's apps like "settings" and "Music player" are still visible.
I can launch all the installed titles/apps/games/cias from Homebrew - Injected FBI, I just can't install any Cia'a from FBI and again, the installed apps icons are not showing on the homescreen.

so i have an old 3ds xl with Luma9.1 , Rosalina v2.0.0 , and FBI 2.5.3, with 3ds firmware viersion 11.10.0-43U

Long version:
So I think i know exactly what i did to make this happen. It was because I deleted 3 files in the 'Titles' folder within FBI. In the 'Titles' folder there were 4 files listed right after the last title of the list of titles that i have installed whose names were just like a "Title ID" with 16 (seemingly random) characters. Some more information: these titles all have a GREEN color in the menu. None of them were red. Now, the 4 titles I deleted also had a GREEN color and again, were located right under the list of other green titles, actually looking like they belong to the same list since it was part of a list of green titles.

So right after I deleted 3 of those 4 green colored titles whose names were just like a "Title ID" with 16 (seemingly random) characters, I exited FBI to go back to the home menu and all the icons were GONE except for Nintendo's ones that came with the 3ds like "download play" and "settings" etc... But Lumaupdater is gone, FBI, Homebrew.

So I injected Homebrew into Face Raiders because my camera is broken and i never use it (i know i can just reverse the injection). And opened FBI inside homebrew and i could still see ALLLL of my installed titles. And when i press Launch Title they can all launch. BUT when I try to install a Cia from the Fbi/sd/cias folder i have had no success installing, only this error:

Failed to install CIA file.
Result code: 0xC92044FA
Level: Status (25)
Summary: Canceled (9)
Module: FS (17)
Desc: FAT operation denied (250)

So I can launch all the titles from Homebrew - Injected FBI, I just can't install any Cia'a from FBI and the installed apps icons are not showing on the homescreen.

If you would like to know more information about before the problem:

*BEFORE THE PROBLEM*
The reason I deleted them was because, over some time, as i had kept some of installed cia's on the 3ds. In the home screen, some of icons just...disappeared after some time, or the icon would still be there but when I clicked once to view the title but then the animated title would not be there, these apps would also crash upon starting.
This only happened with cia's that i got myself. None of the cfw cia's like luma updater, fbi, homebrew, checkpoint. Those all stayed fine.
So the reason i deleted those green colored 16 character named Titles (who also had sizes of like 1.8gb, 504mb, around there) was because i thought they must have been belonging to those corrupted apps that wouldnt work in the home menu anymore.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas? on how I could fix this? Maybe I can just replace a folder or update something?
Ok i know first follow turdpoos step the h2testW one and if you pass your ok with my guide if not then your fk up and buy a new sd card or use another if you have ok back to the topic

1. first format the sd card leaving nothing Yes you heard that right (back up the saves first before formatting)
2. turn on sd card with the sd card you just formated
3. it will make a new folder called Nintendo 3ds thats where all your titles/games are stored
4. download the cfw starter pack kit search online LINK HERE SORRY----> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rmzj4cCnNpRlosuytZCNc1OjVKMFXQQ6?usp=sharing
5. put the starter kit (the contents inside the HAX folder) in the sd card root
6. Goto homebrew menu using camera or the app you injected the homebrew with ( other apps like face raider)
7. goto fbi and then goto cia folders
8. install all the cia's
9. goto home ( and wrap all the contents you just installed )
10. DOWNLOAD THE CIA FILES I MENA THE GAMES install the cia games AGAIN you heard that right
11. enjoy YOUR GOOD TO GO
12.get an mcdonald order
13. ._.

Last edited by macalere,

macalere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
WHAT
You do realize that the last post in here was in September 2019. I dont think the OP is going to stick around or still have that issue
WHAT IF HE READ IT AGAIN atleast i helped OK?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You do realize that the last post in here was in September 2019. I dont think the OP is going to stick around or still have that issue
what if someone read this thread?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WHAT

WHAT IF HE READ IT AGAIN atleast i helped OK?

what if someone read this thread?
Seeing he was last here in october 2019. they sure as heck aint going to be back anytime soon.

macalere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
what i w
Seeing he was last here in october 2019. they sure as heck aint going to be back anytime soon.
as saying What if someone who has the same problem reads this thread huh?
just odnt reply i accept defeat

what i w

just dont reply i accept defeat

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what i w

just odnt reply i accept defeat
Just so you know. when you say to reinstall game cias. Just know that you need to backup saves before hand as that will delete saves if they are important.

macalere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Just so you know. when you say to reinstall game cias. Just know that you need to backup saves before hand as that will delete saves if they are important. Just so you're aware.
yeah i suppose you can do that

Ok i know first follow turdpoos step the h2testW one and if you pass your ok with my guide if not then your fk up and buy a new sd card or use another if you have ok back to the topic

1. first format the sd card leaving nothing Yes you heard that right (back up saves first if you care about them)
2. turn on sd card with the sd card you just formated
3. it will make a new folder called Nintendo 3ds thats where all your titles/games are stored
4. download the cfw starter pack kit search online LINK HERE SORRY----> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rmzj4cCnNpRlosuytZCNc1OjVKMFXQQ6?usp=sharing
5. put the starter kit (the contents inside the HAX folder) in the sd card root
6. Goto homebrew menu using camera or the app you injected the homebrew with ( other apps like face raider)
7. goto fbi and then goto cia folders
8. install all the cia's
9. goto home ( and wrap all the contents you just installed )
10. DOWNLOAD THE CIA FILES I MENA THE GAMES install the cia games AGAIN you heard that right
11. enjoy YOUR GOOD TO GO
12.get an mcdonald order
13. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night