Hacking help, cant start games with friends!

eddyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, i goy my supercard miniSd and super key for my DS lite 2 days ago. I Downloaded the mario kart game and It works fine in single player mode. But when i want to start a SIMPLE mode mutiplayer game, My friends cannot run it... They can join in the game, but once i press confirm, and they finish Downloading, the white nintendo screen just shows up on their NDS lite, and just freezes there.

I have formatted the .NDS file with supercard. THey dont have a superkey or super card, only i do.

Also, do i also have to add the .NFO file? whatever that is? *it was together with my .NDS file*

thanks.

rolandcs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Firsty, you dont download games... you back up games you already own onto your supercard *wink*.

People who dont have a supercard or the pass-me firmware on their DS's cant play networked games with you unless you own the DS Game Card yourself and are running from that, not the supercard. You can play backed up games with other supercard owners and people with pass-me firmware on their DSses.

You dont have to add the NFO file, NFO stands for info and its just a txt file with information about the release on it.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yuup, but allegedly, the reciving DS'es have to be flashed. it allegedly keeps the ds from noticing that its reciving "fake" information from another ds.

note: I only say "allegedly" alot because this has been a disputed issue on what is the true reason why download games dont always work.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, some games work with download play from a flashed/passed ds to an unflashed/unpassed ds, some don't. Flash your frinds ds's for the best compatability/results.

FLX04

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a list of the games that work with an unflashed DS?

So far I only got Puyo Pop Fever and Starfox to run (and Meteos, but there were connection isseus).

Could it be connected to how the roms were patched. E.g. if you chose the "location" of the rom to be the DS instead of the SD card (in the SC patcher)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U