HELP! Can't reinstall homebrew channel Priiloader won't start

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by zemunasu, Jun 16, 2014.

1. zemunasu
    OP

zemunasu Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2007
    United States
    Okay, been searching all over the net for this particular case, but basically I screwed up.
    Due to OCD and apps not working properly I formatted my system memory and did the update hoping it would remove all traces of modification. Before this I noticed Priiloader wasn't working, but the HBC was still there. I didn't put two and two together that removing HBC without having priiloader functioning when I hold the reset button might have been a bad move. I was hoping I could do a fresh install of HBC and maybe get my IOS's installed correctly, get apps working fully again, and have an overall less cluttered machine. I used modimii and loaded the wilbrand hack from my message board after a clean format. I then got the bone chilling words

I googled for hours to no avail. Am at my ropes end. Is there any way to restore the Homebrew Channel on this Wii. Priiloader I repeat priiloader will not start anymore.

Thanks in advance. :sad:

2. zemunasu
    OP

zemunasu Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2007
    United States
    Okay I think I had patched Trucha! i this at all possible. I can't install anything :/

3. zemunasu
    OP

zemunasu Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2007
    United States
    well I found the solution here http://wiisixtyfour.webs.com/WHG/IOSFix.html#Continue And Im back in action. just posting this to show the issue was resolved and hopefully the next person who makes a mistake like this will have less trouble. Common sense, used wilbrand to boot a wad manager .dol

4. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    We should probably get a Syscheck before doing anything else. Instead of launching the HBC installer, try running Syscheck to grab information on the current state of your Wii's IOSes and such. That should give us a better idea of what's going on.

Edit: Nevermind. Saw that you got it back in working order.

5. zemunasu
    OP

zemunasu Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2007
    United States
    Even so, your advice is on point. I got lucky, but will look into syscheck in the future if any other hiccups occur. Thanks man.

I basically used NUS downloader to replace all the patched IOSs with the originals.

6. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Yeah, if you had DarkCORP or used Pimp My Wii, I suggest staying away from those in the future.

zemunasu likes this.
  7. zemunasu
    OP

zemunasu Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2007
    United States
    It WAS Pimp My Wii. I notice text guides are usually way better than yt videos. :p1ng: