Hacking Question Help cant play eshop game after using sx os nsp installer

rianrev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
so i tried the nsp installer on sx os with the game ikaruga and it worked fine, then i go on to bought ikaruga from eshop, downloaded it, and tried to play it on ofw but it gave me "the software was closed because an error occurred", i tried reinstall it but doesnt work, later i found the game work when in sx os. i dont know the cause of this but i wanted to play in ofw too, cause i bought the game.

does anyone know what cause this? and maybe fix it ?

thank you

Edit: before i bought the game i've already deleted the nsp game

Last edited by rianrev,

straumli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you try complete remove using nxshell (or similar) and reinstall using OFW (or push via shop website)?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cant have two versions of the same game installed. If you installed it with SX OS first you would need to go to data mangement and remove it before redownloading it with eshop.

At least thats how I understand it. I've never tried it myself. Could be wrong

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i tried the nsp installer on sx os with the game ikaruga and it worked fine, then i go on to bought ikaruga from eshop, downloaded it, and tried to play it on ofw but it gave me "the software was closed because an error occurred", i tried reinstall it but doesnt work, later i found the game work when in sx os. i dont know the cause of this but i wanted to play in ofw too, cause i bought the game.

does anyone know what cause this? and maybe fix it ?

thank you

Well, bad new is it doesn't matter because you are going to be banned from eshop shortly anyways. In the meantime, you can delete your ikargua from your switch and then download it from the eshop. My guess is the correct cert wasn't generated for it since you already had another one installed on your switch.

rianrev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You cant have two versions of the same game installed. If you installed it with SX OS first you would need to go to data mangement and remove it before redownloading it with eshop.

My guess is the correct cert wasn't generated for it since you already had another one installed on your switch.
Im sorry. I forgot to mention ive already deleted the nsp game before bought it from eshop, including the save file

Did you try complete remove using nxshell (or similar) and reinstall using OFW (or push via shop website)?
Ok ill try that

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Why on earth did you go to all the trouble of installing the game via nsp, playing it and then buying it of eshop :wacko: this is not a try before you buy! and now you will certainly get a banned console, probably a full one because your switch has already got the eshop certificate loaded so its tried to install a certificate over one you already have and Nintendo will certainly know about that! If for example you installed it first to your sd card and then bought it of eshop and installed to system memory you would of been ok but it sounds like it installed both to system memory and that's the mix up.

Go to settings delete the game completely and then go back to eshop and redownload your bought game it will then work fine from now on. Like I said a ban is inevitable.

Sometimes the same error can be replicated by for example installing a none paid dlc on say splatoon 2 then loading your retail version in ofw and starting the game, it wont recognize the dlc but that's not a certificate mix up that's just an error a certificate mix up will flag.

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr