Help. Can't get gpSP Retroarch to work on New 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Opium, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Opium
    OP

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    As the topic states. I've installed the .cia for gpSP to my custom firmware from the nightly build from yesterday. I've put a few gba files onto my SD card as well. But when I go to boot them the bottom screen says something about no audio driver found and then the entire thing crashes and restarts my 3ds. Any idea on how I can fix this? I'd like to see how well New 3DS can emulate gba games and I hear this is the best emulator.

2. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    It sounds like you're missing the gba_bios.bin You'll need to place it in this directory: if you don't have them create the folders needed. SD:retroarch/cores/system/gba_bios.bin

3. Baccabechoppin

Baccabechoppin GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!

Aug 10, 2015
    Australia
    Magnolia Town
    Do you have the Bios file in the retroarch folder on the root of the SD card?

File structure should look like /retroarch/cores/system/gba_bios
    Edit: Ninja'd :ph34r:

4. Opium
    OP

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    Ahh. That'd be what I'm missing. I've just put that in there and it's working now! Thanks

Two other quick questions while you're here: Is there an option to make the bottom screen blank while playing so all the white text of what the emulator is doing goes away? And can I get the 3ds's circlepad to work? At the moment, only the d-pad works.

5. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    Tapping the upper half of the touchscreen will hide the log. You can bind the Circle Pad to keys via Settings > Input.

6. Baccabechoppin

Baccabechoppin GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!

Aug 10, 2015
    Australia
    Magnolia Town
    Tapping the upper part of the touchscreen makes the white text go away, to get the circlepad to work you have to go to settings:input:input user 1 binds then tap right on User 1 device type so it says Retropad w/ Analog, now go down one option and hit right so it says left analog. That should work (sorry if it sounds confusing)

7. Xenosaiga

Xenosaiga That one guy that doesn't give a shit anymore

Oct 9, 2015
    United States
    The Shadows
    Also, just for kicks, make sure you go ahead and get the DSP firmware dumper and go ahead and get the DSP file.