1. Vigilant_Veggie

OP Vigilant_Veggie Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    hello all, this is my first post on this forum. i need help updating the homebrew channel from version 1.4 to version 2.1. i havent been able to find any info online on how to do this, and would like to get it done so i can load up nintendont (it will only boot on the latest version of the hbc). anyone know how to do it? i appreciate any and all help!

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Italy
    It's not really an "update" - 1.x versions are loose executables (to be used via browser exploits, direct loading from haxchi/cbhc, ...) and the 2.x series is an installable standalone channel

Also it seems you're confusing the HBL (the most popular WiiU homebrew launcher) with the HBC (the most popular Wii homebrew launcher), Nintendont is a Wii homebrew and therefore will not be related to the HBL for which the above description applies

The newest HBC with a traditional installer (Hackmii Installer) is 1.1.2, the last "official" version including Vwii 16:9 fixes (Open Homebrew Channel 1.1.3) is found as a wad here on gbatemp

Also, Nintendont doesn't need "the latest HBC", however it requires the HBC to be new enough to pass AHBPROT and to be running on IOS 58 (the modern de facto standard for Wii homebrew), you can check the latter fact by pressing Home while in the HBC

alexander1970 and jeannotte like this.
  3. Vigilant_Veggie

OP Vigilant_Veggie Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    okay i gotcha, so i need to boot nintendont through vWii then? also, what is the process for installing HBL 2.1? as in where on the SD card do i put it and what is the process for installation. thanks for the help!

4. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    alexander1970 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - homebrew, channel, figure