help cannot get preloader to load installed file

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by madeirabhoy, Mar 11, 2010.

1. madeirabhoy
    OP

Member madeirabhoy GBAtemp Fan

4.2 soft modded EU wii running preloader 0.30 which says IOS 60 system menu v450

my wii works fine, usbloader gx is the latest version of the auto updated versions, and mplayer ce is 0.76

because my sofa is a wee bit far from the wii, sometimes waggling the wiimote doesnt work unless i lean forward so id like to be able to start either or both of the two named apps just by using buttons.

I figured i could use both from preloader, one of them at least, by installing one of them. However for both ive used forwarder files, both the latest ones i could find on here, so that the mplayer ce is still in its folder with the files it needs and usbloader gx autoupdates fine.

both forwarder files work when i click on them from HBC.

however when i try installing them to preloader, then run installed file i get:

mplayer ce - screen goes blank white and freezes with no writing on it.
    usbloader gx - code dump.

thanks in advance if anyone can help.

2. Ratmonkey

Newcomer Ratmonkey Member

United States
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for but Crazy intro will play a pic/music beginning before your wii boots and at this point you can assign certain buttons on the remote to launch certain programs. More info here:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Crazy_Intro

There is also a video version at the bottom of the page that will play avi.

As far as loading one of more programs straight from preloader, I haven't messed with any of that so am unsure.

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
  4. madeirabhoy
    OP

Member madeirabhoy GBAtemp Fan

thanks for the replies

upgraded to priiiloader. in the process changed sd card as it was producing errors.

only change is instead of code dump on usbloader gx i get a black screen freeze as opposed to a white screen freeze with mplayer ce.

i am using forwarder dols and mplayer ce and usbloader gx work fine from the forwarder channels or from hbc.

also forwarder dols work fine when i rename them boot.dol and stick them in apps folder, but when i make their names memorable and stick them into the root folder i get either the white freeze (mplayer) or black freeze (usbloadergx)