Hacking HELP!!! Cannot copy saves from SD card on 3.4U

Tarskidx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I am new to the forums even though I have checked here periodically over the course of time, but I finally registered today. I am new to the community and appeciate any and all help in regards to this matter as I could consider myself a novice as far as homebrew is concerned. Without knowing much, I inadvertently updated my Wii to firmware version 3.4U and I could not get the Twilight Hack or HBC to work. Finally through trial and error I was able to figure out and get the Twilight Hack to work and install the HBC.

Now I need your expert help as I have been stuck for over a day as I cannot figure out how to get a certain game save (Castlevania Judgment to be more specific) to transfer from my SD Card to the Wii no matter what I do. I get the cannot copy error message if I do it through Wii menu and both the Twilight Hack and HBC will ask for the game and it gets to the part where it tries to load the save file from the SD Card, but then I get an Error RET = -1.

I know I am using the correct boot.dol and creating the right file structure in the apps folder after reading all of the FAQs out there. I already formatted my card with the appropriate SD software and I am using the updated Twilight Hack v0.1-beta2 with the boot.dol file. I even have the HBC running Gecko OS 1.7b. and ensured the copy flag was turned off and I get a failed rebooting with hooks and will not save the file.

Does anyone know of a guaranteed proven way to get the Wii saves to transfer from the SD Card to the Wii running 3.4U whether its through a program or utility. I cannot believe that even now with all of the ways that people can find workarounds that 3.4 is preventing people from copying saves like Castlevania, Mario Kart and SSBB from the Wii to SD and vice versa. Thanks for all of your help, I truly appreciate it.

Boullie

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi there!
I have had the same problem.

I have found these solutions:
1) re-formatting the sd-card (using sdformatter, available here.
2) use different sd-card (this fixed it for me)

however, I do think this belongs in the wii-hacking portion of the forum.

D

Deleted User

Downgrade, and then use rebooter with no copy flags.

Rebooter is broken on 3.4

Tarskidx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys for the responses and I have read a little bit about downgrading the firmware, but there seems to be different ways of doing this from what I read. Since I value your opinions so much, what seeems to be the preferred aka most popular method of doing the downgrade and if you could provide a possible link on a step by step of doing this, I would greatly appreciate it. However, even an answer would be awesome.

I guess I just want to hear from people that actually did this downgrade from 3.4U as I am a little nervous about messing with the firmware. Thank you in advance!

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945

follow that, same as 3.3v2 even though your 3.2
smile.gif

Tarskidx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks DJDYNAMITE, I really appreciate this link and will see how difficult or risky this is before attempting the firmware downgrade.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When following any of the guides posted by recognised members on here (or ones recommended by upstanding posters like dynamite) your pretty much risk free as long as you follow them to the letter and dont stray.
Most have been tried and tested and work fine on all systems.

Best of luck and let us know how it all goes

joinx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey..
same error here..i'm on 3.2u..
reboot with gecko OS 1.9 and sometimes with neogamma
but still fail get message 'data cannot b copied'
btw i'm trying to load save from new games like conduit, ghostbusters etc..
any other way to remove that copy flag?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1