[Help] Can I use fan translation of the game with RedNAND/Patched SysNAND?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Zamkad, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Zamkad
    OP

Zamkad Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow
    Hello, guys! Some very good guys from Zelda64rus making russian translations of each TLoZ games since 2001, and their translatons is just amazing(Nintendo has not released any Zelda game in Russian, although their console officially sold in our country).
    At this moment they work on Twilight Princess HD and translation is almost done. They provide beta version of this translaton in package, that contains code and content folders, that can be copypasted into Loadiine release of this game. But we all knows, how this game works on Loadiine, it's loading times is awful.
    So, is there any method, that can allow us to put these files into game, installed on USB? Maybe some magic with Wupserver and CFW with signature patches?
    2016-11-11_20-53-18.png

Anton299 likes this.
  2. Kohmei

Kohmei GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 17, 2013
    United States
    Contenthax could be used to modify the game contents and code (if you modify code it will only run with sig patches)

The problem is, wupserver is unbearably slow. It would probably take over a day to transfer the files for a 4 GB game, depending on what you need to replace

3. Zamkad
    OP

Zamkad Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow
    Translation itself is only 3.22 MBytes, so i don't think it will take long time.
    2016-11-11_21-02-01.png

4. NexoCube

NexoCube stop using piracy :(

Nov 3, 2015
    France
    Stack Pointer
    Use WUPServer and "w.up" command

But you have to do some research about :

- Title ID
    - Game file structure (where are the translation files)

And that's it

CreeperMario likes this.
  5. Zamkad
    OP

Zamkad Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow
    So, i transfered all needed files with wupclient and it works! I will immediately report my progress to translation team, but i still have some questions:
    1. Is there any method to upload multiply files with wupserver? It's such pain in ass copying any file manually, by editing commands for each file.
    2. How I can create tga's? I'm using Paint.NET, save picture as 24-bit non-compressed .tga with right resolution, but when i upload it into /meta folder and reboot my console i got grey "?" icon and system sez me that game is corrupted. When I uploaded original iconTex.tga back - it perfectly works.
    3. This translation modifies only files in /content/ folder, so, will this translation work in unpatched SysNAND?
    AlJJzuJSzp4[1].jpg

6. NexoCube

NexoCube stop using piracy :(

Nov 3, 2015
    France
    Stack Pointer
    Use GIMP, it supports .tga