Hacking [HELP] Buttons stop working after injecting FBI (A9LH)

nhamquamay123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys,

So I have a New 3DS XL US 9.2, and I planned on a9lh it. I followed the guide at 3ds.guide, and everything went smoothly. After finished injecting FBI into H&S app I decided to take a break and turned off my 3ds. An hour later I opened my 3ds, only to find that the buttons stopped working. For some reasons the analog and the direction buttons do not work, the ABXY, select, start and home button still work. Also the bottom screen does not respond to my taps. My console is still on 9.2, and it still boots into sysnand perfectly.

Could it be the installation progress that caused the problem? I think it is safe to turn off the 3ds at that point. If reinstalling a9lh solves the problem, where should I start?

Thanks in advance.

_Shebang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys,

So I have a New 3DS XL US 9.2, and I planned on a9lh it. I followed the guide at 3ds.guide, and everything went smoothly. After finished injecting FBI into H&S app I decided to take a break and turned off my 3ds. An hour later I opened my 3ds, only to find that the buttons stopped working. For some reasons the analog and the direction buttons do not work, the ABXY, select, start and home button still work. Also the bottom screen does not respond to my taps. My console is still on 9.2, and it still boots into sysnand perfectly.

Could it be the installation progress that caused the problem? I think it is safe to turn off the 3ds at that point. If reinstalling a9lh solves the problem, where should I start?

Thanks in advance.

Strangely enough, someone else is having the exact same symptoms, but after flashing their NAND backup (They happen to have a Vietnamese flag as well but there's no way that's relevant :P).
I have a hard time thinking you are having a hardware failure due to a software injection.. Maybe you could try this:
  • Go into your SD card and rename one of the Luma payloads to have a directional key as its trigger.
  • Try booting and holding that directional key to see if the payload will load.
I imagine if this works then it is possibly some kind of software issue.

nhamquamay123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Strangely enough, someone else is having the exact same symptoms, but after flashing their NAND backup (They happen to have a Vietnamese flag as well but there's no way that's relevant :P).
I have a hard time thinking you are having a hardware failure due to a software injection.. Maybe you could try this:
  • Go into your SD card and rename one of the Luma payloads to have a directional key as its trigger.
  • Try booting and holding that directional key to see if the payload will load.
I imagine if this works then it is possibly some kind of software issue.

Oh yeah, he is my friend, and he is the main victim lol. We did this together so yeah, maybe I'm a little bit luckier than him :)
Anyway, thanks for the reply. I think I'll get him try it tomorrow, it's kinda late here now.
Is this counted as double-posting? lmao

Last edited by nhamquamay123,

nhamquamay123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I renamed the Hourglass9 payload to up_hourglass9 and it jumps into Hourglass9 correctly, so I believe that it has something to do with the homemenu or some sort. The thing is, only in homemenu those buttons do not respond, in game they work like normal. The bottom screen still does not respond, both in game and in homemenu.

Hopefully it is not hardware fault. :(

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I renamed the Hourglass9 payload to up_hourglass9 and it jumps into Hourglass9 correctly, so I believe that it has something to do with the homemenu or some sort. The thing is, only in homemenu those buttons do not respond, in game they work like normal. The bottom screen still does not respond, both in game and in homemenu.

Hopefully it is not hardware fault. :(
it cant be hardware, try flashing a NAND backup from where it last worked

nhamquamay123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still no use. Perhaps a broken homemenu is the main problem?

And, as I said above, if reinstalling A9LH works, then where do I start? Though I believe this is the last resort.

nhamquamay123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I messed around with it and finally solved the problem! It turns out that we had skipped the "update to the latest firmware" part after the "injecting fbi" part, which later, somehow, caused us trouble. It might be that the latest fbi injection is not compatible with firmware 9.2. Dunno if it is correct or not, but I guess so.

Anyway, I used the "dump transferable ctrtransfer" option in Decrypt9 with my working hacked n3ds to get the ctrtransfer .bin file, then transfer that .bin file to my friend's n3ds. It worked like a charm.

One little side question, will it also transfer system data (FC, NNID, etc.) to my friend's 3ds? If that so, will system formatting the 3ds wipe those data clean?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho