OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Help, i've made at least 8 coasters trying to creat this disc. i have a NTSC Wii with firmware 1.9b, when i burnt the firmware disc is made it 1.4 or GB so my Wii read it but this 1.3 disk only makes it a few megs. i found some things on using filechop but i've been unsuccessful in getting the discs i burn to read either. i don't think i'm using the right size wheni attempt the chop.

HELP please

cry.gif
cry.gif
wacko.gif

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dont use filechop or sizefix or whatever that other thing is. just burn the .iso as is with clonecd or imgburn. i used clonecd and it worked perfect. just burned the iso, as is. i've heard imgburn works good too.

jammer8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just tried what you said and i still got a DRE after i click "start" on the GC screen. i've tried verbatim + /- R's and Sony (which i know are real good) and get the same

jammer8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No i have not, actually i'm trying to set region free so i can play PAL games. I have burned with IMGBURN. What i need to know is what exactly do you use to burn the 1.3 config disc? without GSOC, it only makes a 6.5MB image and i get DRE's. i need to somehow make it 1.4 GB or whatever an image file is.

thx

hsf

Trophies
XP
Country
jammer which file did you imgburn?

I have a pal wii so I burned the bootdisc.pal file with imgburn and it loaded fine.

edit: you are burning to a dvd aren't you?

Deam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you at firmware 3.0u?

I am having the same issue, have used various means of burning and filechopping, on good media.

Can anyone confirm whether the official 1.3 config disc from Wiikey ahd the header modified to get past the changes made in the 3.0u wii update, or does it still require a separate boot disc? [That way, like the original poster, I don't waste another 8 discs]

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the config 1.3 disc is not 3.0 firmware fixed. but its not needed because the new firmware update fixes the problem on-the-fly.

jammer8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have updated to firmware 1.9b for the wiikey and have 3.0 on my NTSC machine. I am burning to a DVD but the file is only 6.5MB and not a complete ISO, i think that's the problem.

Is there a program i can use (keep in mind i would need instructions) to boot my Wii, then swap to this disc?

i only want to turn on region free so i can play PAL games.

Deam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the config 1.3 disc is not 3.0 firmware fixed. but its not needed because the new firmware update fixes the problem on-the-fly.

So if I updated my wiikey firmware, and am getting "an error has occured" messages with the 1.3 disc, but not a modified 1.2B disc, what is the issue? Something with the burn? Or incorrect installation of 1.9b firmware update? The disc is the right size, it's just not working, and wanted to know if I need a boot disc or some other way of booting it.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
load it via gcos from the 1.2b setup disc

then enable region overide settings in 1.3 .. then you'll find 1.3 will boot by itself.

Deam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a note, after enabling region free using the modified 1.2b disc, the 1.3 disc now loads (the ones that didn't). Just a note for the rest of you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.