Help Burning 1.3 setup Disk

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jammer8, Sep 26, 2007.

Sep 26, 2007

Help Burning 1.3 setup Disk by jammer8 at 8:56 PM (1,481 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. jammer8
    OP

Newcomer jammer8 Member

United States
    Help, i've made at least 8 coasters trying to creat this disc. i have a NTSC Wii with firmware 1.9b, when i burnt the firmware disc is made it 1.4 or GB so my Wii read it but this 1.3 disk only makes it a few megs. i found some things on using filechop but i've been unsuccessful in getting the discs i burn to read either. i don't think i'm using the right size wheni attempt the chop.

HELP please

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Bob Loblaw

Member Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States
    dont use filechop or sizefix or whatever that other thing is. just burn the .iso as is with clonecd or imgburn. i used clonecd and it worked perfect. just burned the iso, as is. i've heard imgburn works good too.

3. jammer8
    OP

Newcomer jammer8 Member

United States
    Just tried what you said and i still got a DRE after i click "start" on the GC screen. i've tried verbatim + /- R's and Sony (which i know are real good) and get the same

4. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Have you booted with GCOS? You need the region free enabled for it to boot. Also remember to burn with IMGBURN.

5. jammer8
    OP

Newcomer jammer8 Member

United States
    No i have not, actually i'm trying to set region free so i can play PAL games. I have burned with IMGBURN. What i need to know is what exactly do you use to burn the 1.3 config disc? without GSOC, it only makes a 6.5MB image and i get DRE's. i need to somehow make it 1.4 GB or whatever an image file is.

thx

6. hsf

Newcomer hsf Newbie

Australia
    jammer which file did you imgburn?

I have a pal wii so I burned the bootdisc.pal file with imgburn and it loaded fine.

edit: you are burning to a dvd aren't you?

7. Deam

Newcomer Deam Member

Canada
    Are you at firmware 3.0u?

I am having the same issue, have used various means of burning and filechopping, on good media.

Can anyone confirm whether the official 1.3 config disc from Wiikey ahd the header modified to get past the changes made in the 3.0u wii update, or does it still require a separate boot disc? [That way, like the original poster, I don't waste another 8 discs]

8. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    the config 1.3 disc is not 3.0 firmware fixed. but its not needed because the new firmware update fixes the problem on-the-fly.

9. jammer8
    OP

Newcomer jammer8 Member

United States
    I have updated to firmware 1.9b for the wiikey and have 3.0 on my NTSC machine. I am burning to a DVD but the file is only 6.5MB and not a complete ISO, i think that's the problem.

Is there a program i can use (keep in mind i would need instructions) to boot my Wii, then swap to this disc?

i only want to turn on region free so i can play PAL games.

10. Deam

Newcomer Deam Member

Canada
    So if I updated my wiikey firmware, and am getting "an error has occured" messages with the 1.3 disc, but not a modified 1.2B disc, what is the issue? Something with the burn? Or incorrect installation of 1.9b firmware update? The disc is the right size, it's just not working, and wanted to know if I need a boot disc or some other way of booting it.

11. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    load it via gcos from the 1.2b setup disc

then enable region overide settings in 1.3 .. then you'll find 1.3 will boot by itself.

12. Deam

Newcomer Deam Member

Canada
    Ah, I wonder for those who got 1.3 to work right off the bat already had region override enabled on the previous firmware. I did not have it enabled, I believe. Will test when I get home.

13. jammer8
    OP

Newcomer jammer8 Member

United States
    okay another stupid question.

what is GCOS and where do i get it? i did search, what version do i get? does it matter?

14. Deam

Newcomer Deam Member

Canada
    Just a note, after enabling region free using the modified 1.2b disc, the 1.3 disc now loads (the ones that didn't). Just a note for the rest of you.