Help!!! Burned on DVD+R w/o DVD_ROM booktype

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Hellfromabove, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Hellfromabove
    OP

Newcomer Hellfromabove Advanced Member

United States
    Hi, I am in a jam here. I was backing up all the Wii ISOs that I have but turned out that I was burning them without setting my DVD burner to _ROM. I was leaving it at the default setting. I just came to learn that if I am backing them up on +R that I should do this. I was also burning them at 16x on TDK. My main question is, if I reburn the games onto +R but switch the booktype will they work or am I just utterly screwed. I hope not because I burned over 30 games and deleted all the ISOs. [​IMG] . Please help. Thank you.

Edit: Don't know if this helps but I have not tried these yet with a chip. I am getting a Wiikey sometime this week.

2. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    try first, panic later [​IMG] and always burn with imgburn, never had to change booktype or whatever (guess imgburn auto-does that?)
    n you burned 30 games.. and can't play any.. so when you get your wiikey you're gonna play all 30 at once?
    Seriously buy a few games too >

3. Hellfromabove
    OP

United States
    Oh don't worry. I do buy my fair share of games. I usually burn them to see first if I like them or not. I totally support the companies. If we don't support the companies by buying then how the hell else are they going to fund for new great games?

4. StewGriffin16

Newcomer StewGriffin16 Newbie

United States
    I tell people how cool the game is, and show them. [​IMG]

5. pinesal

Member pinesal GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I burned a game with the booktype +R and it worked just fine. What are you worried about?

6. Hellfromabove
    OP

United States
    Sorry, I should have mentioned in my last post that I found out the new FWs for all chips supports +R w/o booktyping. Thanks to all for your help!!!