Help: Bung GB XChanger eeprom write error

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by thaddius, Aug 10, 2010.

Aug 10, 2010
  1. thaddius
    OP

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    I got my Bung GB XChanger with a 64Mbit (8MB) Doctor GB Cart.

I'm using the exact same setup I used too 3 or 4 years ago when I used to use this thing a lot.

Using Windows XP with the right kind of printer cable. Using GBX-Tool 1.8 by MFM. I have GIVEIO, using GBPACK.V1Z for multicarting.

I can erase the cart, I can read data from the cart (ie, gamesaves) and all sorts of shit, but I can't write to the damn thing. Every time I try I get a "write_eeprom error! 0" message.

I've tried the cardfix program for 64Mbit carts mentioned here but when I run that it says it's already fixed.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm antsy to get my GBC on.

2. thaddius
    OP

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    I seemed to have fixed it. I switched my computer's parallel port to EPP mode and that seemed to work - it started writing to the cart - but then I got the same message with a 15 on the end ("write_eeprom error! 15"). I'm assuming that the number denotes the amount of data it transferred.

Anywho, I've tried a few more times now and it stops at different numbers (15, 74, 55, 17, etc.) but closing and opening the program again seems to have fixed it because it wrote with no more problems.

I only write these things down so that someone else with my problems can figure it out with a google search.