1. blopa

OP blopa GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
  2. Islay

Islay GBAtemp Fan

Lame, why not build a 2000, with the 3000s better screen ?
    and try to get the other things the 3000 has xD. that would make it a good idea, it retared to build something when u can buy it cheaper and not wish to jump off a cliff when u break a few parts.

3. ChrisMims

ChrisMims Banned
    Banned

United States
    Does the screen have the backlight built-in?

4. stab244

stab244 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Don't they all have a built-in backlight...

5. Gagarin

Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Don't listen them - anybody can buy one - be unique:)

I just hope you have some experience with that.

6. Chris_Skylock

Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

If you are a worthy, I can send you my broken PSP 2001 with TA-085 v1. The only problem is the LCD.

This is the Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQm4TBf3gTw

You can play PSP games or use this if you are connected to the TV. without the TV cable, if the screen disappeared, you can press the light button and it will be blurred.

or I could sell it to you but I dont know how you will pay me as I dont have a Paypal nor bank account.

Or I could just fix it by buing a new LCD, if it's the problem

7. Evilmaster1985

Evilmaster1985 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have been looking at this topic now and then been hoping for you to post you finished it.
    Think its very good if you pull this off.

However I must agree with kobykaan.
    Seeing the fact you forgot to order the most fundemental thing I already see this go wrong.

He also noted along the parts he added to the list, there are some others missing he did not name them.
    You might wanna come up with a proper shopping list before you do the actuall shopping.
    Would be quite a shame if you end up missing some parts. [​IMG]
    Anyway Ill keep following the story, good luck with all I hope you make it!

Greetz, Vistabuser.

8. blopa

OP blopa GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    @Islay
    Hey! That's a good ideia! Can you tell me which parts are better in each PSP? That would leave my idea even better!

@Vistabuser
    Thanks a lot for your support! Really, that makes me more and more wanting to do it! I haven't bought the parts yet... i'm waiting for the complete name of the parts... i couldn't find some of them said by kobykaan =/
    I just need the full name list of the parts... and then i'll buy them all! It'll take almost a month to get everything here in Brazil... i hope to pull this off before christmas =D

@Chris_Skylock
    I'll send you a PM. =)

Thanks you guys

9. themuddaload

themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    have you tried taking it apart and having a look to make sure everything is connected firmly? i dont know but when pressing on the screen in the video made it go out that was my first thought. if that isnt the problem i would try reloading it with custom firmware, you never know, it may be some bug somehow... just a thought

10. ChrisMims

ChrisMims Banned
    Banned

United States
    Sounds like a hardware problem, not software

11. Chris_Skylock

I have another GoW PSP that I can swap the LCD to test it out but the warranty sticker is intact and I bought it used. If in case of emergency, I can open the GoW but that would not happen anytime soon

I dont know how to disassemble the PSP to check if the parts are firmly connected though I checked the inside to poke the motherboard and it's giving the same issue. I didnt open the rest of the parts thinking I could break the unit as I can use it on TV with no problem.

It has 5.00 M33-6 and my GoW PSP has 5.50 GEN-D2

12. Evilmaster1985

Evilmaster1985 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Nah opening up the PSP is not that hard at all.
    Its kinda a challange the first time there is not much that can go wrong.
    Its more the fear to break the thing that makes it a challange.

Just make sure you have a good guide that shows you step by step how to do it.
    (Youtube \ Google can give you nice guides on this subject)
    And also make sure you have 2 screwdrivers that can close and open the PSP.

You dont wanna end up having your screwdriver screwwed up so you can not close your PSP anymore.
    This does not happen normally but hey they do not last for ever. Rather safe than sorry.

In Chris_Skylock his \ her case I would open up the thing and disconnect and reconnect all connectors and parts that could have gotten lose \ filled with dust \ dirt.

As he does have a warranty sticker but bought the decive 2nd hand the warranty is no use at all.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

13. themuddaload

themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    yeah, the warranty on a GoW psp is long gone anyways. psp's are really easy to open, theres a couple of screws in the battery compartment, one on the bottom and then the 2 on the left hand side on the back. after that just be gentle, and you shouldnt have any problems.

14. Chris_Skylock

Im a 'wait and see' person so I'll just wait and see what this person will do to get his parts. if, in any case, he/she found no other parts that's necessary in his project and if Im willingly to sacrifice the PSP that my uncle in the USA gave to me in the current situation, I can help him. For now, Im just seeing how far this person will go. I live far away so shipping my PSP may be a risk as it might be swapped or stolen. He/she might find someone with similar case as with me in a close area/vicinity.

I do hope you understand my situation and this person.

PS: Im still analyzing my semi-broken PSP if it's hardware or LCD (as suggested before)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - building, [help], bought