[Help] Browsers not working

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google chrome (my default browser) and Internet explorer are not working when opened but my mozilla firefox is. I've tried scanning with malwarebytes, ccleaner and even did a system restore to a point earlier around 12am today and nothing is working. I've also googled to see if i could find the problem but none of them seem to be working.

EDIT1: When i open safari, Firefox stops working and then safari does. This started all today so i guess i'll just system restore to a point earlier this week to see if it fixes it.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean they "stop working"? As in, they can't connect to the internet? They stop responding and have to be force-closed?

Check your firewall, see if they got blocked for whatever reason. Also, before just doing a system restore, try uninstalling and doing a fresh install of your browsers, see if that will fix it.

Vengenceonu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean they "stop working"? As in, they can't connect to the internet? They stop responding and have to be force-closed?

Check your firewall, see if they got blocked for whatever reason. Also, before just doing a system restore, try uninstalling and doing a fresh install of your browsers, see if that will fix it.

I mean they cant connect to the internet

I did an uninstall of the browsers already and the problem still persists. 3 different system restores and still nothing also.

Vengenceonu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just deleted my Norton products with their removal tool and everything seems to be working again. My 1 year was up for like 3 days so I guess that's their way of saying renew or die.

depat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i would just do a clean reinstall of the os. It would take you less time to trouble shoot it by reinstall compared to trying to figure it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: