Hacking HELP!!!!!! Bricked Wii might not be fully.

moonlitknight1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a theme it said it was for my system menu and now when i start my menu it says "wii system files are corupt" is there anyway to fix this at all?

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
I heard the web app google has a great walkthrough on fixing bricked wiis you should try it.

Also, search before you ask. This forum is notorious for flaming the hell out of noobs that do not research.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tj_cool said:
If you have no bootmii or preloader your screwed
If the recovery menu work(4 button@gc controller or safemii) and there is a trucha bug, an AutoBoot-DVD(a Modchip is required) could help.

Also the Wii Backup DVD from nintendo can help.

Edit:
The nintendo dvd also want a modchip with autoboot enabled to start up!

moonlitknight1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok the only file i belive that are corrupted are the theme files and i dont know this gc trick i searched and didnt find anything. I also dont have a mod chip

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Without a modchip there is no way to fix your Wii by yourself!

But with a modchip you can try this(Recovery mode with GC controller):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPIzoqVizoQ

Before your buy a modchip try if you can access the recovery mode. But i think if you see the error message above "System files ..."^^ it should work.

If you can access the recovery mode AND there is a trucha [c]IOS available, you can build/download and burn a dvd with an working wad manager or anything that can help you.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For savemiifrii to work (its the gc thing), you need to open the controller and remove a protection cap under the D-pad. Then put the controller in the 4th slot and force the 4 directions of the D-pad down.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
moonlitknight1 said:
from watching videos you need to be able to get to the health and safty screen I cant.

no you dont.

You just have to press UP+DOWN+LEFT+RIGHT on the Directional PAD of the Gamecube controller on the FOURTH slot.

if you do it correctly you will see a little message on the lower right, saying the Wii version.

IF you have cIOS installed (that allows Trucha Bug) AND a modchip, you can still recover, if not... then your screwed.

sorry

cthg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a system menu lower than the latest and you can use the gc pad savemiifrii trick you should be able to do savemiifrii with an official disk that has a higher firmware version than you have...

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if there are even any games that have 4.0 on it. If there are there are very few. Discs probably won't have 4.1 on them for at least a few months.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
moonlitknight1 said:
is there any games that have firmware 4.1 because im on 4.0
There is no game disc with 4.1.
If you try new games like WSR you found only the update to 3.4.

You have a cIOS installed?

If yes go and buy a modchip with autoboot enabled and use an autoboot disc with wadmanager, waninkoko upgrader 4.1 or anything else.

QUOTE(moonlitknight1 @ Jul 21 2009, 02:16 AM) grrrrrr is there a way to make a disk with 4.1 on it by chance?
I think it's possible, but i think also you can't build an dvd that work without trucha.

moonlitknight1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i have cIOS 249 installed is that ok to do it with and if so do i need to be able to get to the health and safty screen because i dont even get there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: There is some really odd DS games I liked but not sure others would like them lol