[HELP] Bricked New 3ds, unlit/black screen only with blue light

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GraphicsCow, Feb 17, 2019.

1. GraphicsCow
    OP

GraphicsCow Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    United States
    My Japanese New 3DS has been bricked for the past 3 years because I deleted system files or did something with sysNAND in an attempt to change the language to English. I don't have any sort of back up files and pretty much accepted defeat for a very long time. Just found it again and want to give a crack at getting it back up.

Last year I made a thread on this same issue and Quantumcat responded with help.

So, I never checked back on the thread and only just saw what he said today, and I'm still not sure what to do. My situation is the one he stated in the original thread:
    Is this pretty much my only option?
    If it is, what flashcart do I get? (I saw a thread on the options but there are so many and its been too long for me to remember anything about this sort of stuff.

Attached Files:

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Also try getting the GodMode9 firm file and renaming it "boot.firm" and replace your boot.firm on your SD card. See if that lets you boot to GodMode9. If it doesn't, you will need a cart. If you have a DS or another CFW 3DS (that works) you can use one that requires flashing; otherwise you'll need one that is pre-flashed. Have a look here for options https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot

3. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    Quantumcat likes this.
  4. GraphicsCow
    OP

GraphicsCow Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    United States
    I don't have the original SD card. Do you have any reccomendations for a pre-flashed cart?

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you don't have any SD card, then you won't be able to save it - ntrboot requires a file on the SD card as well as the DS flashcart. For pre-flashed DS flashcarts, check the link I gave before.