Hacking Help: bricked DS lite?

chooch81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Tried to run the flashme v7 on my ds lite but think i have bricked it and was wondering if it was recoverable?

I used passkey2 (v3) with an M3 CF. Booted to the normal screen where i can load DS roms from and ran the flashme.nds file. Got to screen up that said input x, b, x, b anf then it progressed to the progress screen. Percentage being 0%.

At this point i already had the back of the lite and so inserted my small nail with some foil round the bottom of it and the percentage didnt rise. So itried to twiddle the nail about then the screen went blank with only the green 'on' light working.

My DS Lite was plugged into the mains when doing all this and now i think it is just a brick. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated

Cheers.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry that this happened
frown.gif
Im not sure if its recoverable. I belive it is, i saw a guide on how to do it for the regular ds on Here It involves alot of soddering, and some knowledge in electronics. Plus im not sure if it would work with a DS lite. But its early enough , (ds lite is still new
smile.gif
) thatyou can try and send it back to nintendo to replace it. Im not sure if the ds lite has that little red and white square on the SL1 short hole,but if it does, you would probally have to replace it back, or they wouldnt take it back
frown.gif

Good luck!

krzym1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"Failsafe feature: The button combination A+B+Select+Start starts program from GBA cartridge even if most of the firmware is erased, but it doesn't initialize as much of the hardware." You can try this - it sometimes helps. Just hold A+B+Select+Start when booting your DS.

Xboxed

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
"Failsafe feature: The button combination A+B+Select+Start starts program from GBA cartridge even if most of the firmware is erased, but it doesn't initialize as much of the hardware." You can try this - it sometimes helps. Just hold A+B+Select+Start when booting your DS.

Do as he says...also remember to unplug the Passkey. Don't get your hopes up, as 0% is a pretty bad number.

Good Luck.

chooch81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah tried the failsafe but still it doesnt work.
cry.gif

Hopefully because there was no sticker over the SL1 i can pull a fast one and nintendo will replace it - worth a shot. Currently i have a brick, if nintendo refuse to replace because they think i have flashed it then i am no worse off than i am now. If they do replace it woo woo. But i'll not get me hopes up.

DarkLink

Advanced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah tried the failsafe but still it doesnt work.
cry.gif

Hopefully because there was no sticker over the SL1 i can pull a fast one and nintendo will replace it - worth a shot. Currently i have a brick, if nintendo refuse to replace because they think i have flashed it then i am no worse off than i am now. If they do replace it woo woo. But i'll not get me hopes up.
If worst comes to worse you can give it to me for free
smile.gif

Malboro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Try this: "Put the flashme.nds as above onto your CF/SD card (preferably on an empty card), and boot using START+SELECT+A+B
- press A and wait a few seconds and the firmware app should load up. Follow its instructions and you should be back up and going no problem."

chooch81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried that.

No joy. I emptied my CF card, put just the flashme.nds file onto it tried the select+start+a+b and then switch it on but nothing happens my screens are both still blank. Doesnt look like it is repairable.

Thanks for all the advice though.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sorry DarkLink, being a staff member and all, I'll have to confiscate it off you if you do indeed receive it. Policy, you see?

But honestly, give the guy a chance first, he still might be able to send it back and get a replacement yet. You guys are like ravenous... electric eels.

DarkLink

Advanced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry DarkLink, being a staff member and all, I'll have to confiscate it off you if you do indeed receive it. Policy, you see?

But honestly, give the guy a chance first, he still might be able to send it back and get a replacement yet. You guys are like ravenous... electric eels.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I don't like that policy
cry.gif

oh fine we'll keep helping him
nyanya.gif

Only person I know of that fixed it was FGoat on the irc chan but I don't know exactly what he did
frown.gif

chooch81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Contacted nintendo (europe) again - apparently i will be able to get it replaced for £30 when it is released in the UK. at least thats something... now only have to wait about 4 months...

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Contacted nintendo (europe) again - apparently i will be able to get it replaced for £30 when it is released in the UK. at least thats something... now only have to wait about 4 months...

If the worst came to the worst I'm sure someone would buy it off you on ebay. For some reason the broken stuff seems to go for nearly as much as the working stuff. The person that buys it would probably have the knowledge to fix it.

chooch81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just in case anyone wanted to know nintendo have shipped me a replacement black DS today for the one that I bricked. Result.

Go Nintendo!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)