Xodass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys

So i have a 3ds I bought the other day and it us the old model running firmware 10.6 and i really want to play pokemon oras

Could ypu guys please help me find a way to do this and explain if it can be done via downloading roms. Thanks a mil

ShikaSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you're in luck, because you are on firmware that's downgradable so that you can play backup copies of games.

Read this thread here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035/

And this guide to help you downgrade your firmware: http://gbatemp.net/threads/noob-friendly-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds-from-fw-10-7.418125/

Also don't forget to ask questions if you don't get some stuff, always do backups, and follow the steps EXACTLY as they were written to avoid bricking your 3DS (which happens rarely).

Xodass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys so i want to ask a question. Do i have to downgrade my firm ware - then install the cfw then download the rom, will i be able to play it?

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys so i want to ask a question. Do i have to downgrade my firm ware - then install the cfw then download the rom, will i be able to play it?

Downgrade, then backup your sysnand, then make an emunand, then get cfw (like Luma3ds). You really should check out the guide I linked. Step by step instructions.

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah, what you do basically is downgrade to 9.2, install emunand and cfw. Ninja'd.
What @ishygdaft said. And AFTER you've done what he said, you can update to 11.0. It's safe to do it then, but don't do it now.

Xodass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And once i do that i shold be able to download roms off the internet and copy snd play it on my sd card right?

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They come in a 3ds install-able format that's the same as what the eshop uses, plus you'll need a program (fbi, bbm, devmenu, etc) to install these games in .cia format. It's a little bit more involved then a flash cart but it's free and pretty easy to do. If you wanna you can also use programs (on the 3ds mind you) like CIAngel or freeshop to get your stuff.

Xodass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ishygdaft m8 once ive done the instal how do i find the cia files? Is there an archive or something i can check, I remember using emuparadise to get my ds roms way back

Xodass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i tried to install homebrew launcher and my softawre is 10.6 unlucky af so i guess i cant homebre it unless i buy cubic ninja

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: