ROM Hack [Help] Braindump Too Slow On Pokémon Sun

Newtrat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm tring to extract the ExeFS and RomFS, but it's soooo sloooow. Too much slow! It's been like 5 hours that I'm waiting and the progress of the RomFS is just at 217088/3111656! I also calculated that it goes up by 1025 every 2 minutes. So it will take 4 days!!! I don't know why it's soo sloow! Last time I used Braindump, it was on Rune Factory 4, and it wasn't so slow to extract. I extracted it in like 1-2 hours and it was like 1GiB or 2GiB. Is there a method to fix this?

Last edited by Newtrat,

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't go asking for a romfs, no one can provide a link as it's against the rules. Braindump is a long process. I'm guessing you're using an old 3ds, it might be faster with a new 3ds.

Newtrat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I closed the screen to see if it still working, it froze and when I restarted my 3ds, all my SD card data were corrupted, except the Home Menu files. I made a backup of my pictures and apps in the morning. But for the other files, the last backup I have is 4 months old.

I think building a cia from the sd contents, decrypting it, and extracting it is faster. But that only works with a9lh or 9.2

Do you have A9LH installed? If you do, use Decrypt9 instead

Braindump is like RxTools, outdated and slow.
Use decrypt9

But needs arm9 kernel access

I know but I read arm9 as a9lh since most people (stupidly) call arm9loaderhax arm9
Oh and, I don't know how to install A9LH/arm9. Could someone link me to a tutorial please?

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm tring to extract the ExeFS and RomFS, but it's soooo sloooow. Too much slow! It's been like 5 hours that I'm waiting and the progress of the RomFS is just at 217088/3111656! I also calculated that it goes up by 1025 every 2 minutes. So it will take 4 days!!! I don't know why it's soo sloow! Last time I used Braindump, it was on Rune Factory 4, and it wasn't so slow to extract. I extracted it in like 1-2 hours and it was like 1GiB or 2GiB. Is there a method to fix this?
ew brain dump I would use decrypt9

Reactions: Aletron9000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu