Hacking Help? Bought second hand pre-RGH'd Corona 360 with Bad Blocks.

ElvPresidente

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone want to be an absolute hero and help me through this?

As the title states, I bought an xbox 360 from Facebook Marketplace a couple of weeks ago and everything seemed fine with it when I got it home. The console already had a few games on it and a couple of profiles from the original owner. I proceeded to create my own profile and then I set up a connection with my wifi and restarted the console.

After restarting the console, I tried to immediately return back to the NXE dashboard and the console crashed on a blank black screen. Fortunately, the console is set up to automatically run Aurora at start-up, so I am able to access all homebrew and games still, but now I have absolutely no access to the NXE dashboard.

After a bit of research and help online, I think I've found out there are bad blocks on the console and would like to fix this but I have no idea where to start. I have experience with software modifications on other consoles so I'm no spring chicken, but Xbox modding is a completely new arena for me. Any help would be massively appreciated.

EDIT: I don't actually mean the XNE Dashboard. I got it mixed up with the Metro Dashboard but regardless the problem remains the same.

Last edited by ElvPresidente,

scroeffie1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Xebuild should remap your bad blocks by default.,nands can have bad blocks off the factory line.. this isnt limited to just xbox 360's either

ElvPresidente

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So what can I do to get access back to the NXE? I was able to access it when I first got the console and within the same day I lost access so I know it was able to do so in the first place. I need an answer I can work with.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can get back to the official dash by clicking the guide button, then going to system settings. that should load the official dash, which I guess is nxe in your case. the newest official dash is called metro.

ElvPresidente

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No. I can't access the original NXE dashboard using any method. All attempts to access the dashboard freezes the xbox onto a blank black screen.

ElvPresidente

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No I don't. I'm not the original modifier of the console. As I said in the post, I bought it second-hand on facebook marketplace (off some random teen). I have been trying to find a way of dumping the nand but none of the tools like 'flash360' are working for me.

ElvPresidente

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried using that too. I select 'Dump Nand/Flash' but no matter which directory I pick, I get an error message directly after the message that tells me 'Not to press any buttons during the process' *

I'm pretty sure the problem with the console is also affecting the usb functionality as I cannot get the console to recognise any USB drives (apart from when inside a game, sometimes when I select the storage device for a game, the drive will show up as an unrecognised drive, but any attempts to format it for 360 use also crashes the console - as I would imagine it needs the original dashboard to do that)

*Or something along those lines.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can update through xell as well, but you'd need a nand backup. I'm not sure what else to suggest other than something may have come loose in the system.

Last edited by godreborn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free