Help =( borked

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by uimy, Oct 2, 2009.

Oct 2, 2009

Help =( borked by uimy at 1:03 AM (586 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. uimy
    OP

Newcomer uimy Advanced Member

United States
    Hello, a few days ago I installed cIOScorp was unhappy with it and used xzxero's guide. I was reading on the forums about left over files from cIOScorp and to use DOP-IOS to remove them, so I can DOP on every IOS on my system that needed updated and applied the patch, after doing so my homebrew channel is upside down and after I quiting the homebrew channel I got a system files are corrupted so I loaded preloader set it to IOS30 booted up homebrew channel and reinstalled preloader. My problem is I can no longer use the bannerbomb exploit to reinstall the homebrew channel. I had a nand backup but it isn't working it says backup is from a different Wii =( am I screwed? also after reinstalling preloader and going into the system settings the music sounds all corrupted and screwy.

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You made the NAND backup with BootMii beta 3 I assume? There's a thread on how to fix it so that the backup will work right. Some searching should dredge it up from the depths of the forum.

3. dai-a

Member dai-a GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Do you have the keys.bin that came with the nand back up you made?

I'm assuming you used Bootmii beta3.

If you still have those, you can find someone to hex edit it for you [​IMG]

Oh and cIOScrap sucks. You can play pirated games if you have preloader and a cIOS installed via System Menu without cIOScrap.

4. uimy
    OP

United States
    Ah, is there anyway of cleaning up what I did? The noobs guide pretty much said this was a safe thing to do. The only nand backup I have is one with cIOScorp installed.\
    EDIT: should I try and get that backup working then run the cIOScorp uninstaller then follow xzxero's guide again? =( I've tried both backups without luck I still have keys.bin
    I just ran dop-ios and ran it on IOS61 didn't apply any hacks and the homebrew channel now works =) although the bannerbomb hack doesn't =( any idea on how to fix this mess? should I run DOP-IOS on everything again but without the hacks?

EDIT let me correct myself, my problem was that I was patching IOS 61 which caused the upside down homebrew channel, my SD card had become corrupted causing problems with bannerbomb. My only remaining problem is with bootmii, I'd like to create a working backup now that I have a cIOScorp free system that's stable.

5. uimy
    OP

United States
    bump, any ideas on why I can't create a working nand backup? I'm using a sandisk 2GB microsd in a sandisk adapter.

6. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    have you tried a different SD card

7. uimy
    OP

United States
    I haven't I should pick one up in the morning.
    EDIT: I'm glad I didn't spend any more money, all I had to do was get a newer version of hackmii and reinstall bootme...