Hacking Help booting GamCube games off USB Loader GX

Conmore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed Cyan's instructions, and now the games display on USB Loader GX off the USB HDD, however, the games will go into a black screen, and forces me to reboot. When I do I get this error message:
SORRY FOR THE HUGE PICTURE.

gallery_308263_1321_1178391.jpg

So what should I do about that? Any help would be nice. Thanks!

The games I'm trying to play are Skies of Arcadia, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Animal Crossing. They have all booted fine off an SD Card with the same launcher.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
What are you using? DiosMiosLite or DiosMios? If I'm not mistaken, one is used to load games off of the SD card while the other is used to load games off of the USB. One cannot be use for the other i.e DiosMiosLite cannot be used to load games off the USB and DiosMios cannot be used to load games off the SD card.

Conmore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realized I'm booting USB Loader wrong. But I still get the black screen of doom. After installing MIOS DIOS again, after I launch I get the MIOS DIOS logo, then it black screens. I left it for a minute, but still no luck. I finally figured it out. I needed to have a disc in the drive.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Use the correct USBLoader GX (r1193)

It detects if you have DML (SD only) or DM (USB only) installed.
Depending on your setting, it will display informations if your setting is incorrect or launch the game if all is fine.

DIOS MIOS (USB only):
Set your "Main GameCube Path" to USB FAT32 partition.
Launch your games, if it's on USB it launch, if it's on SD it display a message telling you it needs to be on USB FAT32 partition.

DIOS MIOS Lite (SD card only):
Set your "Main GameCube Path" to USB or SD
If the game is on USB, you see the "copy USB to SD" message, as only SD card is working with DIOS MIOS Lite.

If the Laoder launch DM(L) but you have a black screen/green screen/error message/freeze/Wii switch off, here are the possibilities:

1. your device is not compatible
2. your FAT32 partition is not the first on your drive
3. your FAT32 partition is not Primary and active
4. your FAT32 partition don't have 32k cluster size
5. You need to put a disc in the drive (always!)
6. Remove your memory cards
7. Your settings are wrong (Video mode, nmm, etc.)
8. bad luck, try again, it will work eventually after few re-tries.
9. try another loader
10. try another DM(L) revision/version
11. Ok, the game is not working, go to wiki compatibility list and add the entry.
12. Try another game now.

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DM should work with rev1193 with disc in the drive or not , correct Cyan? or has that been changed. dm works now with or without a disc thru dm according to Crediar on the wiki

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, what Crediar said is that the "noDisc" setting is no more controlled by the loaders.

Crediar said:
NoDisc is no longer controlled via the config but instead just by either having a disc in the drive or not.
It is STILL required, but it's not the loader which determine that setting anymore, it's the presence of the disc in the drive.

So, the "noDisc" setting is controlled by putting a disc in the drive.
To me it's like there's no more noDisc setting, just put a disc in the drive when a game require a disc in the drive, that's all ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"