Hacking HELP! Black screen on Custom banner Virtual console game

KeithNJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I've just finished putting a custom banner, Icon, No E-Manual and .BYRLT file for my Injected EarthBound Zero Wad, and whenever I press start, The rom doesnt boot up, and the only way to turn off the Wii console is by turning off the mains. So I installed the in.wad I used (The basic injection of Earthbound zero in Kirby's adventure, with unchanged banner etc) and surprisingly, it didn't overwrite. Also, the almost untouched version boots up easily, What could be the problem?

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
You've got a problem with the ROM, Manual or something like that, NOT the banner.
If the banner was wrong, it would: brick/semibrick your Wii, appear with a black image on the menu or not appear on the menu screen at all.

You must be packing something wrong.

KeithNJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But when I use the In.wad, it works fine... and All I changed was the banner, the icon, and I put an empty manual in the 000004.app
EDIT: I've changed the manual back to the original, still no luck. And the rom works as the In.wad (Simply wad injection) works fine. What could it be?

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Lets get some things clear: Where EXACTLY is the black screen: on the banner, or with the channel launched?

The banner has NOTHING to do with the channel once it's launched, so it MUST be a problem in the packing of 04.app(05.app?).

KeithNJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got rid of the empty emanual, and replaced it with the orginal, and now it works find
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat