HELP! Black screen on Custom banner Virtual console game

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by KeithNJ, Jul 8, 2008.

1. KeithNJ
    OP

Newcomer KeithNJ Member

United Kingdom
    Well, I've just finished putting a custom banner, Icon, No E-Manual and .BYRLT file for my Injected EarthBound Zero Wad, and whenever I press start, The rom doesnt boot up, and the only way to turn off the Wii console is by turning off the mains. So I installed the in.wad I used (The basic injection of Earthbound zero in Kirby's adventure, with unchanged banner etc) and surprisingly, it didn't overwrite. Also, the almost untouched version boots up easily, What could be the problem?

2. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I know you're impatient, but no need to make another topic. Most people here don't even know how to banner edit anyway, so you'll have to wait for someone who knows how it all works.

3. jayparadox

Member jayparadox GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    You've got a problem with the ROM, Manual or something like that, NOT the banner.
    If the banner was wrong, it would: brick/semibrick your Wii, appear with a black image on the menu or not appear on the menu screen at all.

You must be packing something wrong.

4. KeithNJ
    OP

Newcomer KeithNJ Member

United Kingdom
    But when I use the In.wad, it works fine... and All I changed was the banner, the icon, and I put an empty manual in the 000004.app
    EDIT: I've changed the manual back to the original, still no luck. And the rom works as the In.wad (Simply wad injection) works fine. What could it be?

5. jayparadox

Member jayparadox GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Lets get some things clear: Where EXACTLY is the black screen: on the banner, or with the channel launched?

The banner has NOTHING to do with the channel once it's launched, so it MUST be a problem in the packing of 04.app(05.app?).

6. KeithNJ
    OP

Newcomer KeithNJ Member

United Kingdom
    I got rid of the empty emanual, and replaced it with the orginal, and now it works find [​IMG]