Hacking -Help- Black Screen, Home Menu Freeze, B9S did not fix, any help?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So..

a friend of mine bring me his 3DS to check it out, and he told me that he was performing an update, the console stuck at 99% and it turned it off and it just boots to a black screen.

I tried to reproduce the issue, and indeed, it stucks at a black screen, and only sometimes, the pressing the power off button, gives the power off message, pressing the go back to home menu freeze the console here.

So, before anything, i have tried the following things:
  • Installed B9S
  • Removed the SD Card
  • Reset the Home Menu Layout
  • Delete the EXTDATA folder from the SD, note that this is generated only when resetting the home layout.
  • CTR-Transfer to 9.2
  • CTR-Transfer to 11.5
  • Lazarus3D Script
  • Decrypt9WIP and GODMODE9
  • Update it using Recovery Mode A + L + R + Up.
  • Dumped the Nand.
  • Installed luma 8.1.1 and latest nightly and it gives Exception Handler, so i got several dumps of the error, who point to: 0004003000008f02 Menu Error Data Abort etc etc.
  • Enter calibration screen.
  • Open the console to see if ANY cables were disconnected or the wifi chip was moved.
  • Uninstalled B9S
  • Reinstalled B9S.
  • Format the SD Card
Among several other things.

The black screen light up, so i know it tries to enter to the home menu, as well as the exception handler telling me that the error is on:
0004003000008f02
which is the home menu tittle id.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by ScarletDreamz,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Giodude

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify, you have no Nand backup before the black screen correct? Also, have any home menu modifications been made?
Not mine, and the friend is not techy at all so, nop, entierh a modification to the system menu or a hack attempt. just an update that went wrong.
i did a backup of the Nand before b9s, after b9s, got the otp, got the firms, got the crash logs after each exception handler when using luma.
No modification was ever done to the system menu.
ExtData its only written to the SD after forcing the key combo to reset the layout, normally it will not generate nothing. as far as i understand its not a MCU brick.
I can still:
  • Enter Recovery Menu
  • Install B9S
  • Perform a CTR Transfer
  • Update the Console
  • Reset The Layout
  • Calibrate the Analog Stick
  • Boot any .firm of the SD Card.
Which i already tried, so yeah, i have read on google for about some time now, and im not the only one with this issue, however, none of them seem to care that much of it. lol.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not mine, and the friend is not techy at all so, nop, entierh a modification to the system menu or a hack attempt. just an update that went wrong.
i did a backup of the Nand before b9s, after b9s, got the otp, got the firms, got the crash logs after each exception handler when using luma.
No modification was ever done to the system menu.
ExtData its only written to the SD after forcing the key combo to reset the layout, normally it will not generate nothing. as far as i understand its not a MCU brick.
I can still:
  • Enter Recovery Menu
  • Install B9S
  • Perform a CTR Transfer
  • Update the Console
  • Reset The Layout
  • Calibrate the Analog Stick
  • Boot any .firm of the SD Card.
Which i already tried, so yeah, i have read on google for about some time now, and im not the only one with this issue, however, none of them seem to care that much of it. lol.
An mcu brick is impossible on all firmwares 8.3+ I believe. Maybe a9lh was installed in the past and they installed the wrong otp.bin? Or a nand backup was restored from another console?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An mcu brick is impossible on all firmwares 8.3+ I believe. Maybe a9lh was installed in the past and they installed the wrong otp.bin? Or a nand backup was restored from another console?
Well, as i stated before he is not that much of a techy person, ill try to persue him to tell me if a modification was done to the console, putting aside that teory, what else can it be? i mean this is prettys trange, and as i mentioned before, there are SEVERAL cases on google about this:

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/180214/Stuck+on+Sleep+Mode+and+Frozen+on+Home+Menu
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/69462770

as well as another 10 more.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried Auto CTR-Transfer on Decrypt9WIP, and it did not work...

Tried also AutoFix CTR and still nothing.. so yeah, disables exception handlers just make it hang on a black screen, and ext data its not generated on the SD.
Forcing a reset menu layout will create the ext data fies, but wont do anything.

So yeah.. nothing new :/

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Tried Auto CTR-Transfer on Decrypt9WIP, and it did not work...

Tried also AutoFix CTR and still nothing.. so yeah, disables exception handlers just make it hang on a black screen, and ext data its not generated on the SD.
Forcing a reset menu layout will create the ext data fies, but wont do anything.

So yeah.. nothing new :/
Ok try the Lazarus script. You'll need a working console and a little bit of knowledge to dump files with GodMode9. https://github.com/AnalogMan151/Lazarus3DS

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completed the Lazarus Script, restore was completed, and... exactly the same thing happened.

So ill upload all the dump files if anyone wants to take a look at them. i have like 50 of these, so feel free to ask for them if anyone wants to help.

So.. so far.. it crashes... after everything performed.. lol.

Attachments

• crash_dump_00000000.zip
    575 bytes · Views: 117

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there,

I'm not a pro in things like that, but it seems you can do everything then enter homemenu.
Looooong time ago there were only four options to solve it

- Try another cfw (sure you done it)
- Try another SD-Card (also sure you switched the sd)
- Your Wifi-Card is damaged, remove it/buy another one. (yeap you have watched out if the cable is right putted but maybe discon it and try to boot?)
- buy another 3ds because you are bricked

Today we have more option with ntrboot-hax, but as you tested really a lot of things and seems to be very well informed i would guess the wifi card is damaged.
Or do you maybe used the wrong region for the ctr-transfer?

What do the others think?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...