help black screen can´t hard reset

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by matte78, Sep 10, 2018.

1. matte78
    OP

matte78 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2018
    Sweden
    when i was playing my switch in docked mode it went black and gave me and error screen and now i dont remember the error code cant hard reset the console its just black use sx 1,4 but when i plugg it up to my computer in only shows up in tegra rcmgui any suggestions what to do

2. andyhappypants

andyhappypants Pika!

Jul 27, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Hoenn
    Have you held the power button down for 12 seconds?

Do you have autorcm enabled?

matte78 likes this.
  3. matte78
    OP

matte78 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2018
    Sweden
    yes tried the 12 sec and yes auto rcm enabeld

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

have a back up off the nand if i can do something with that

4. kucarachi

kucarachi Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Did you try injecting the payload again? Or using the side dongle? That usually works for me. It acts like its dead but when i inject the payload it turns on at 100 percent.

matte78 likes this.
  5. matte78
    OP

matte78 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2018
    Sweden
    what pay load? and thank you for the help

6. kucarachi

kucarachi Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    The Tegra RCM gui? if thats what you are using. Is it showing up as red, yellow or green? Red means it's not detecting anything, yellow means its waiting for you to manually hit the inject button, and green means it worked? It should say select payload. It should lead to a path where you downloaded the payload.bin file. If you don't have it on auto inject you have to hit the button next to it that says inject. You can get this from the SXOS site if you don't have it, but you should have had to use this at some point before to get into cfw.

matte78 likes this.
  7. matte78
    OP

matte78 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2018
    Sweden
    ok its detecting in tegra and tried to run the linux an got text on the screen but dead now do you think i should try to restore my nand

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Restoring the NAND has nothing to do with this. AutoRCM has already bricked your console which is how it enables the Switch to AUTOmatically enter RCM (ReCovery Mode). Your battery has most likely died but since you have AutoRCM installed, you cannot tell the difference between RCM and a powered off console. You have one of 2 options:
    1. Remove AutoRCM and recharge the console normally
    2. Let the Switch charge with AutoRCM installed for a half hour or so until it can boot CFW/OFW then charge it from there

matte78 and 8BitWonder like this.
  9. matte78
    OP

matte78 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2018
    Sweden
    ok got it just messed around with the payloads thanks guys

10. kucarachi

kucarachi Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    You may just have to charge it directly with the cable for a while? Do you have a paperclip dongle? I am not sure the state you left your switch in but i always have this happen when i am installing a large game and leave it there for awhile or overnight. What did the text say when you ran tegra?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I was going to say maybe you moved the folder where you had your payloads and had to put the path in again.

matte78 likes this.
  11. andyhappypants

andyhappypants Pika!

Jul 27, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Hoenn
    All sorted now yes?

matte78 likes this.
  12. matte78
    OP

matte78 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2018
    Sweden
    yes its ok now hektate and boot firmware i think it is a littel problem with my usb port tanks for your input and help guys