Help before I buy my m3

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Mike231, Aug 12, 2006.

Aug 12, 2006

Help before I buy my m3 by Mike231 at 5:25 AM (548 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Mike231
    OP

Newcomer Mike231 Member

United States
    I was wondering what is a passme device? what does it do? aqnd is it needed? I was going to just order the M3 mini sd until I see the passcard 3 device bundle. Can anyone tell me if it is worth buying?

2. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    You need some form of PassMe. The PassMe device makes the DS boot the M3 device.

Passkey 2: Sticks out of the DS and needs to have a real DS game inserted into it to work.

Passcard 3: No real game required, size of a normal DS game.

You will need one or the other though.

3. FifthE1ement

Member FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The PassCard3 is a Nopass device which looks just like a DS game and goes in the DS game cart slot. It is required for flashcart use as it tells the DS, on startup, to enable DS games and files to run from the GBA slot.

I suggest getting a SuperKey if its cheaper as it is the same exact product with a different sticker but is usually cheaper.

Also if you want a flush fitting solution that is just as good if even better then the M3 miniSD then get a SuperCard. Get the SuperCard Lite if you have a DS Lite and a SuperCard miniSD if you have a Phat. Both products sit flush in the GBA slot and allow you to play all of your fav DS, GBA, and homebrew games and apps! Not to mention the SuperCard is much cheaper then the M3 products.

FifthE1ement