Hacking Help backing up!

WRiPSTER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Bootmii backup files went missing and I want to install cIOS 249. Would I be able to launch bootmii again to save a backup to my sd card? I have no idea if I have any cIOS's installed, so I also have no clue what my chances of bricking. Also I was wondering if I should install Priiloader to block disc updates and such? Would installing Priiloader at this point be safe?

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Bootmii backup files went missing and I want to install cIOS 249. Would I be able to launch bootmii again to save a backup to my sd card? I have no idea if I have any cIOS's installed, so I also have no clue what my chances of bricking. Also I was wondering if I should install Priiloader to block disc updates and such? Would installing Priiloader at this point be safe?
Install Priiloader, then the cIOS's.

Also, ModMii can download the bootmii SD card files.

JN_big3

Trophies
XP
Country

What kind of BootMii files are missing? If the NAND backup is missing then backup first before installing anything or if it is only the Bootmii files (to load bootmii) then just download them from ModMii.

In some cases just like my cousin's, his Wii got bricked when he installed Priiloader (v0.8 beta) . I have Priiloader installed on my Wii and never had a problem installing it. If you want to install Priiloader just don't install the Beta and Alpha versions as they are unstable and might brick your Wii. I would recommend you to install Priiloader especially if your Wii isn't Boot2 capable.

Just take note, If you want to install any cIOS, wads or anything, Have the proper brick protection like BootMii and/or Priiloader.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all