Hacking [Help] Atmosphere 0.17.0 for Mariko

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help guys, the guide worked for me and I got back into my Switch super easily. One more question though. Do I need to reinstall all my games again? Because I installed them through Tinfoil from my PC back on SX OS but now they're on the home screen but I can't run them from there. It says the software data is not downloaded.

edit: I thought it would be the sigpatches but that doesn't seem to be it because I downloaded the newest ones and all but 2 games won't run. Also I guess I should mention that I didn't have emunand before so I created it in the portion of the guide where it said to migrate emuMMC (for some reason in my mind I thought that if I don't have it I just create it and go on with the guide) so I guess it's like the games didn't transfer? But I tried to reinstall two of the games I wanted to play and it didn't do anything.

edit 2: so with one game I was able to fix it by uninstalling and installing again rather than just installing over it. I'll see whether that works for all of them
Games that are installed via the SX OS built-in installer tend to not always work in other CFW due to CFW-specific patch that TX applies. If that is not the cause of your issues, then it may be due to the tickets not being transferred from sysMMC to emuMMC which requires you to re-install the game.

Dzung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
After seeing Atmosphere implement support for Mariko Consoles, I have been trying to get Atmosphere to work on my console with no luck. My Mariko console at the moment is running 11.0.1 on its SYSNAND and my sdcard is a 128GB Sandisk Ultra formatted as ExFAT

I have downloaded and merged the following into one folder
-Atmosphere 0.17.0
-latest fusee-primary (placed into /atmosphere of my sdcard)
-hekate 5.5.2
-sigpatches for AMS 0.17.0

My hekate_lpl.ini at the moment looks like this
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=1
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1

{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (EMUMMC)]
payload=atmosphere/fusee-primary.bin
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
{}

{--- Stock ---}
[Stock (SYSNAND)]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp
{}

I created a brand new EmuMMC (files on sd card) through Hekate and when I select the cfw (emummc) launch option it constantly gives me the error "Couldn't parse boot0: Success!". I have tried tinkering around with the hekate_lpl file but it does not seem to want to boot.

Would anyone by any chance have some insight into what I am doing wrong.

spacecraft isnt needed

see thats your problem you didnt follow the guide linked above

grab it and rename ctraer.bin to payload.bin on root of memory card
and replace old boot.dat with new one

you HAVE to load it through sxgear like in guide
help me, if i replace boot.dat, this mean i cannot boot into sxos menu again, right? I want play due sxos and atms on the same SD card, what can i do..thank you

kerelenko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
help me, if i replace boot.dat, this mean i cannot boot into sxos menu again, right? I want play due sxos and atms on the same SD card, what can i do..thank you
You need to backup your sx boot.dat. If you want to boot sx you'll need to restore the sx boot.dat - there is no real dual boot option for Mariko.

Reactions: Dzung

Dzung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
You need to backup your sx boot.dat. If you want to boot sx you'll need to restore the sx boot.dat - there is no real dual boot option for Mariko.
I heard some people using sxos create hidden partition can work both sxos and atms...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesnt matter. It could corrupted, for sure. However, the first jailbreak I used was exfat and never had an issues for over a year or so and been used it a lot. I changed it to fat32 for the different reason.
Again, that is just your personal experience. One lone opinion doesn't change the fact that hundreds of people got corruption. Your subjective experience doesn't outweigh the objective truth that exFAT corrupts.

XD2020

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So using sxgear, you can install atmosphere on a second sd card and switch between atmosphere and sx os by just swapping sd cards? Sounds good, I didn’t want to reflash the chip.

I followed the tutorial but couldn’t select Migrate emuMMC. I’m thinking my old 8 GB test sd card was too small so I’ll try again with a new 128GB one. Minimum size is 64GB?

Last edited by XD2020,

XD2020

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, got a new SD card and now get “pkg2 decryption failed” when trying to launch atmosphere. At least I can just swap my sxOs card back in.

Is there a place I can get donor boot files in case mine are bad?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, got a new SD card and now get “pkg2 decryption failed” when trying to launch atmosphere. At least I can just swap my sxOs card back in.

Yes just need to know which system you are running :P

XD2020

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I
Yes just need to know which system you are running :P
I think I figured it out. There are a lot of guides around but they all talk about slightly different things. Coming from sxos, there's a lot of unfamiliar terms with atmosphere. I ended up installing a clean version of atmosphere/hekate on a new micro sd card.

I wasn't sure, but I think I can use Daybreak on the new SD card to update the firmware, without updating the firmware on the sysnand or the old sxos sd card (obviously).

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I

I think I figured it out. There are a lot of guides around but they all talk about slightly different things. Coming from sxos, there's a lot of unfamiliar terms with atmosphere. I ended up installing a clean version of atmosphere/hekate on a new micro sd card.

I wasn't sure, but I think I can use Daybreak on the new SD card to update the firmware, without updating the firmware on the sysnand or the old sxos sd card (obviously).

Yup daybreak is recommended ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either