Help: Are these Hori Screen Protectors Legit?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by tipsy, Jul 12, 2007.

Jul 12, 2007
  1. tipsy
    OP

Member tipsy GBAtemp Regular

China
    The one I bought looks like this
    http://www.decalgirl.com/prodimg/dslite/ho...lfilter-300.jpg

And also are there two versions of Hori Screen Protectors?
    One English like decalgirl and one Japanese like play-asia?

If so, I know there are fake Japanese ones, are there fake English ones too?

After a few days of playing Elite Beat Agents and Mario Hoops, the screen protector has quite a few visible scratches.
    Everything matched a legit screen protector (when I saw a thread on how to identify), except that the bag was resealable, there was no text on it though.

Are the bags from decalgirl resealable?

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    They're real.

eDIT: Or so I've heard. Decalgirl is a reliable seller

3. TeraS

Member TeraS GBAtemp Regular

whts the diff between hori screen protectors and other screen protectors by other brands????

4. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Not much. People just seem to trust Hori as they are a large contributor in the accessories market.

5. NDSkid

Newcomer NDSkid Advanced Member

United States
    depends on where you bought them from. you say they "look" like the ones from decalgirl but you dont mention where you purchased them from. if you got them off ebay im sure theyre fake.

6. tipsy
    OP

China
    Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/HORI-DS-Lite-Protect...4267833&sr=1-94

All I really wanna know is if there are fakes of the English one, cause I haven't heard about it, I've only read about fake Japanese ones.

7. NDSkid

Newcomer NDSkid Advanced Member

United States
    They're actually from JR music world. I purchased from the same store and theyre legit. they also sell other Hori products such as the NDS lite stand which i also got from them.

im not sure why youre already seeing scratches on your screen. if youve been using the provided stylus then any scratches can be wiped off since its probably just scratches on top a layer of grime.

8. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    If you are in the US, you can now buy Hori+ Protectors at TARGET. Everyone I have been in thus far has them, and I think they will set you back around 10$ (But it's not just screen filters, it's for the top of the NDSL, the d-pad, and the buttons)

9. tipsy
    OP

China
    I only need one for the touch screen and I'm not sure how much it is at Target, but I bought mine for $5.

10. heliuscc

Newcomer heliuscc Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Martin Fields seem way better than hori to me, three months and still no visible scratches.

11. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    (From mod-chip)

I've got some cheap protective screen one year ago from BigBen but the top screen protection ( with glue on white external borders ) finally start to cloak with air bubbles after months of intensive use ( but is still reuseable just to say). I just remove and attach again time to time i wash it with hot water and it is really just for confort that i change them now for some news. So i hesitate between Hori and Dragon but my reseller only got Dragon so i did with it !

Somewhere else on the web someone explain how you can build yourself some with transparent printer paper [​IMG]

12. tipsy
    OP

China
    Hmm .. do you use your touch screen heavily? And also is is reusable? I don't want any goo on the screen ><
    Thanks