Gaming help appreciated re karaoke on wii

madeirabhoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i searched and there were other threads but none answered my questions

the wife loves singstar, but our microphones have gone missing. i can either get some new ones or guide her onto karaoke on wii.

a few questions though, if anyone can help:

1. is singstar ps2 better than any on wii?

2. if i get boogie superstar will the microphone work on american idol/rock band/ sing it?

3. whats the best?

4. is rock band any good JUST for karaoke (never tried it so not too sure what it is )

5. does the backup spinnning slower make any difference on any of these titles?

thanks in advance

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
madeirabhoy said:
i searched and there were other threads but none answered my questions

the wife loves singstar, but our microphones have gone missing. i can either get some new ones or guide her onto karaoke on wii.

a few questions though, if anyone can help:

1. is singstar ps2 better than any on wii?

2. if i get boogie superstar will the microphone work on american idol/rock band/ sing it?

3. whats the best?

4. is rock band any good JUST for karaoke (never tried it so not too sure what it is )

5. does the backup spinnning slower make any difference on any of these titles?

thanks in advance

Wii has boogie and the Karaoke Revolution series of games you can use the mic's that come with it or get a logitech mic from ebay or similar and afaik it should work fine with the Wii games you mentioned
smile.gif

nbos8ymhjbhssdcklnau.jpg

Don't have a need to get these games for the Wii as we have a PS2/PS3 with the Singstar disks and Revolution games
smile.gif

Did you know you can buy replacement ps2 singstar mic's from ebay and amazon game stores etc now ... do you still have the ps2 mic adapter unit !? if not you can get those too on ebay as part of a mic/adapter bundle or just buy a pack with mic's that you do not have already so you get a game and a new set of mic's at the same time
smile.gif

Singstar and Karaoke revolution are different games and styles (ps2 also has karaoke revolution series!)

Karaoke Revolution ...

Singstar

they look different and play different although you will never get Singstar on the Wii lol
smile.gif

XBOX 360 has something similar too LIPS which takes stuff from both Singstar and Revolution!

Singstar is better on the PS3 version as you have SINGSTAR STORE where you can download more content for as little as 99p (99 cents) per track or in bundles ...

The best part about the PS3 version is that you can keep your original PS2 Singstar disks and swap them like you did on the PS2 version during the game and load the tracks of the disk you swapped too without restarting the whole game
smile.gif

madeirabhoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
excellent answer.

so would the wii microphone that comes with boogie, or the replacement singstar ones, work on both wii and playstation?

DVS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any logitech microphone from a Xbox 360 , PS3 will work on a Wii. It works on all Wii games and backups on gamma all work fine. I personally buy the Xbox 360 Disney Sing It game bundled with the microphone. I only buy it for the microphone. Average cost on Ebay is only $14 new and thats with shipping included.

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
The kids use the guitar hero mic on the wii with

disney sing it
boogie
american idol
high school musical

there are a fair few decent ones for the wii , i have however refused to download anymore as i cant hear a friggin thing .

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
madeirabhoy said:
excellent answer.

so would the wii microphone that comes with boogie, or the replacement singstar ones, work on both wii and playstation?

SINGSTAR mic's ONLY work for PLAYSTATION afaik! ... I do know they don't work on SING IT or REVOLUTION GAMES or X-FACTOR game or GET ON THE MIC ...they have been tested with these games!

You need the LOGITECH style ones to work with Wii they also work on rockband and guitar hero world tour on the 360 so should also work on the Wii versions as the Wii uses the same mic's too
smile.gif

The LOGITECH also works with PLAYSTATION revolution games but NOT Singstar! (tested and Singstar does not see the mic) we broke our singstar mic's (so tested the revolution one then!) ...and bought a BUNDLE pack of a game we didn't already have and got a new game as well as new mic's this was before you could buy just the replacement mic's on their own which you can do now
smile.gif

We also broke the revolution LOGITECH mic but ...replaced that with the GET ON THE MIC crappy ps2 rap game its pretty crappy but was the mic and game as a bundle from ebay for £6 ($8) was cheaper than new and trying to source a mic on its own lol
smile.gif

as mentioned by scousethief LOGITECH also works on the High School musical SING IT game (blatent merchandise tie in the game sucks)

Note: if you have soft modded your PS2 or its hard chipped ... you can also gain access to SINGSTAR games that are not available in other parts of the world and the same with Revolution games too .... this will be the same for a modded Wii and 360 too
wink.gif

@scousethief what was that you said ?? .... cannot hear either what your typing ...I just have a constant wailing noise that sounds like a cat stuck in a tumble drier on a long cycle! lol!

madeirabhoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
excellent replies guys, thanks!

in the meantime id bought replacement singstar mikes before i saw kobykaan's answer (d'oh!)
at least she needs them anyway for singstar.

i then remembered we had bought x factor for ps2 years ago, and dug that out and the microphone is logitec so it works.

got american idol 2, which is pretty good as song choice goes. trying to get the first one too.
boogie superstar i cant even find the singing on, it just seems to be dancing but im sure im being thick.

ill get sing it though the songs seem a bit young..

see rock band, can you use that just for singing????

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
madeirabhoy said:
excellent replies guys, thanks!

in the meantime id bought replacement singstar mikes before i saw kobykaan's answer (d'oh!)
at least she needs them anyway for singstar.

i then remembered we had bought x factor for ps2 years ago, and dug that out and the microphone is logitec so it works.

got american idol 2, which is pretty good as song choice goes. trying to get the first one too.
boogie superstar i cant even find the singing on, it just seems to be dancing but im sure im being thick.

ill get sing it though the songs seem a bit young..

see rock band, can you use that just for singing????

yes you can use it for rockband
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a