Hacking Help!! An update is required to start this software.

teknokidd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So couple of months back i did my friends WiiU.. ran Homebrew Launcher through web browser, used Wup Installer and installed 4 of his fave. games to his hdd...no problems if game asked for an update it would allow you to cancel update and run it anyways..fast forward to yesterday i finally get myself a WiiU thats on 5.5.1, same process, files,games even same model hdd..but all the games Say "An update is required to start this software" with NO option to play regardless .. what gives???? Any help or recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated...

CXNELP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use NNU Patcher to update it, or if it was an app installed through wup installer install the update through there

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games are giving that error? Either use NNU Patcher to update, or install the updates after downloading them with Wii U USB Helper.

teknokidd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games are giving that error? Either use NNU Patcher to update, or install the updates after downloading them with Wii U USB Helper.
BOTW<- with 1st update that came out..installed with WUP installer same as my buddys..MarioKart8,Tekken Tag Tournament 2..now these worked without updates on my buddies 5.5.1 wiiu just cancel update and run anyways without updating..no such option on my wiiu

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Forgot also Pokken Tourney same result works on his with no update..asks for an update over here with no choice to skip and play...following that i stopped installing games...:unsure:

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: