Hacking Help an extremely frustrated noob out

TheNegative

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My slot 1 is a Supercard DSOne, SDHC and I just got the 3in1 for my slot 2. I got GBA ExpLoader version 0.57, put it on my slot 1 (nds patches automatically), Put the roms in a GBA folder, and these are the steps I've taken so far:

Turned DS on
Ran ExpLoader (it's in PSRAM mode. I want to be able to play different GBA games if I turn off my DS, but the saves I'd like to still be there. Possible?)
Selected Doom II on the top screen

At this point, would I run it, write SRAM to SAV file, backup SRAM to SRAM.bin, or change the mode?

What comes after this? I'm not sure what to do, as nowhere I've been and nothing I've read has been completely clear. If nothing works, I'll send it back or something. Ugh. I've tried playing Doom II and saving from the in-game menu, and when I turn off the DS, there's nothing there. I'm pretty annoyed, but I admit that I'm a complete noob about slot 2 stuff.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Run it
tongue.gif
Then play. After you've played, start GBA ExpLoader again, and it will automatically ask you to save the file on microSD.

Everytime GBAExploader finds a save in the EZ 3-in-1 when started will ask you to save it. So there's no risk to overwrite saves
tongue.gif

I'm still new to ExpLoader myself, but it should work this way
tongue.gif

TheNegative

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to start ExpLoader without turning off my DS? Thanks so far, let's see if this works
smile.gif

Edit: It does save! Yay! But can I restart without switching off the DS totally, and can I keep saves from multiple games here. I played Advance Wars after Doom, saved, played Doom II again, saved, but the save file for Doom II is the exact same thing as when I first saved...

And how do you tell the difference between saves? It just says the date and time...

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the save files can only be accessed in NDS mode. The DS cannot switch from NDS mode to GBA mode. This means:
a) You can never, ubnder any circumstance, go back from a GBA game to the loader
b) You need to run ExpLoader again after rebooting for the save file to be written to the card.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gratefulbuddy said:
GBA ExpLoader transfers SRAM upon launch of gba rom, not launch of ExpLoader.
GBA ExpLoader transfers the save for the last game run in PSRAM mode as soon as it is started. It doesn't transfer the save for NOR mode until you flash a different game to NOR.

When in doubt, go into the appropriate mode and press B to write the save to the file manually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)