Help after latest update please :(

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by misticknight, Aug 24, 2011.

Aug 24, 2011
  1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    not sure if if im bricked or what, I just tried updating to the latest firmware via Rugby 2011 and i recieved this error msg:

Can not update latest software please turn off XBOX and try again

Status Code: 3151 335A B800 0F00 C000 0013"

If i turn it off and turn it on again it just has the same message, it doesnt even go to the dashboard anymore. If it helps im on iXtreme 1.6 (never bothered to update since i dont know how myself and the closest guy to me who does hack it is a complete knob and i havent bothered to deal with him since the first time.) Anyways please tell me i can fix this, if not....i guess it serves me right for being a pirate but hey i have no job, its either pirate or dont play games at all.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Have you not played any new games in recent times- I am wondering if the new rugby game is 12th wave (it would be the first).

I hope you have the keys for the dvd drive (you are probably still on 1.6 but if not it is equipment buying time)- you get to flash back to stock (which is why you need the keys), complete the update and then flash to LT+ (also means any old games that are not using splitvid- every one since LT should be and many before will be but not all).

3. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    Rugby 2011 is confirmed Wave 12. Like what FAST said you'll need to reflash your drive.

4. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    Not sure about keys some guy who owns a shop done it for me if i dont does that mean its gone? Also i have some new games i mean deus ex worked perfectly.

5. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    Right now Rugby is the only game with the drive flashing update. If he doesn't have it, it's gone.

6. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    And if its gone is my 360 basically dead?

7. someonewhodied

Member someonewhodied Lazy Person

United States
    So are you one of the idiots who reflashed his drive back to LT1.2 after the update before this one?
    Or one of the smarter ones who used his factory settings dvd drive for the update?

Either way, the update before this one flashed everyone's drive to LT1.9+ stock.

You will need to flash it to the lt+1.9 available elsewhere.

If you are on 1.2+ or below, it will give that error.

(I know, because I was one of the complete idiots who reflashed to LT+1.1 after that update that flashed everyone's drive. Took me a while to find the issue)

8. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    I dont think so, but ive got no idea really since ive never done it myself...coulda and shoulda learned i guess but im not only lazy im scared as easy as something sounds even with my luck id still find someway to stuf it up (stuffed up my first wii softmodding it....now i can do it with my eyes closed though [​IMG]. Either way basically what hapened is i took it to a guy to flash to the first iXtreme as soon as it came out, im guess that woulda been 1 but what do i know, then i think by the time iXtreme 1.6 was out some games were giving me trouble so i took it back to reflash it for that and havent touched it since.

I took it back to the same guy mind you, does that mean he'd have to have had my keys to be able to update it for me, or it woulda matter in that case?

9. someonewhodied

United States
    You don't need the dvd drive keys, or anyone to do it for you.

Google for a dissasembly guide for your xb360
    Unplug the sata to your dvd drive and plug it into your xb360
    Download LT+1.9
    Download the latest version of jungleflasher.
    There are thousands of videos on youtube to help you there.

You can always spoof the keys from your current drive to the new firmware. Jungleflasher can read the keys, so thats why you don't need em saved.

10. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    okay thanks alot [​IMG] ill give it a go.

11. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    Three things have come to a head here
    1) DVD dashboard updates

2) Regular updates

3) Hacked DVD firmwares vs MS.

Regular updates do all that MS does with said updates (usually not that much from the hacker perspective but lately stuff like AP2.5 updates and this business) and these updates eventually (22nd of August from about the same time in May to say nothing of there being another update since then) trickle down onto DVD releases. Originally they fit into an allotted space but these days (mainly space reasons) they sit in other parts which these days mean new disc waves appear (originally they did not*) and this wave 12 corresponds to I am not actually sure which version (there are two choices and things have been odd in the past) but seemingly one of the DVD reflashing/XDG3 supporting dashboards.

*wave patching then- three main reasons to do it 1- to dodge issues with the hacked DVD firmware (a thing of the past with 1.6NS or newer), 2- to prevent updates to keep on a beta dash (see one of the early, now defunct, AP2.5 bypass methods), 3- to prevent updates for a JTAG machine (kind of pointless as JTAG hacked dashes have yet to fall behind the waves to say nothing of the other stuff).

DVD firmwares then- most hacked firmwares prior to LT (and a hacked version of LT) would have methods in them to get them to cough up the unique drive key if it was asked too (see all the stuff like probes, shorting pins, unlock discs and whatnot you have to do to get keys initially for some drives- having to do this to update if the drive when someone lacks keys is annoying and it was a simple enough software addon so it was done) but LT tried to move closer to the original firmware rather than the fairly extensive customisation that was happening on the old 1.? lines which had the side effect of closing all these nice key dumping holes (there was a hacked version of the liteon LT that added the probe hole back but it never spread far and people were actively discouraged from using it).

The whole reason we have DVD hacks is that the DVD drive does a lot of the work when it comes to verification of the disc so when MS decided to try to expand the abilities of the DVD drive (see XDG3) they got to reflash it themselves which they pushed with an update but this update has a habit of failing (and as you have seen throwing toys out of the pram) if it does not encounter the original firmware (originally it was just a mild suggestion to reflash original DVD firmwares when updating but this update made it mandatory for a valid(ish) technical reason). To this end you get to find your keys, build an original firmware with them, flash that, allow it to update and then if you want flash a new firmware back again. If you have a liteon drive ( http://www.360drives.com/howto and see also the database on that site if you do not fancy pulling it apart) I hope you are still on 1.6 else you get to have some fun with probes and components (if you are reading around and it says you need to do the MRA hack ignore it as you should be able to do the pogo ma thoin hack nowadays as well/instead).

After this you have to move to an appropriate new firmware- the old 1.6 line is no good any more for the machines that are not JTAG hacked (yours is not and can not be). This means a version of LT which as already mentioned has the main change of requiring games to use splitvid (been around a while but was not mandatory before LT came along). ABGX360 can help you test and patch ISOs and you can always read the iso from a disc to reburn with. Bonus is those AP2.5 titles can be made to work again if you wanted.

12. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    At the risk of sounding like a complete moron lol, do you mean basically if i do get it fixed i need to start wave patching my games?? If so can you please tell me how to do that?

13. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    Even on the potentially one good reason to wave patch a game (that old AP2.5 bypass hack) I would have probably just said suck it up and lose the then three games (just for reference a quick scan says with the exception of black ops any of those ap2.5 laden titles can be had for about the price of a decent pizza).

Anyhow yeah I agree that a lot of waffle back then so to answer the question no you do not have to wave patch the games.

Wave patching should have been a thing of the past with the release of 1.51 actually (although it did not work out that way) but definitely with all things LT (wave checking was a hacked firmware extra security measure that fell short on occasion and was dropped when it tried to get closer to the original with LT). You do have to make sure to check each iso with ABGX360 and make sure they have splitvid (scene rules mean all since the release of LT should have it but older ones might not and it is a simple check/fix so do check anyway).

14. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    Ah fair enough; i checked this game just now it had splitvid verefied and SS verified (not sure if thats still important.) either way i went back to the guy and he done it for me cheap ($30) so i let him handle it, he said he put the latest firmware update and lt 1.91 but te games still askin for an update, did he rip me Off or is this normal and if so is there anyway i cam burn it again wthout the update, dont wanna risk pressin confirm accidentally.

15. someonewhodied

United States
    What he did is to fix the update issue. You should be able to update now. MS will block your update if you aren't on LT+1.9 (or its hacked version)

16. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    Hmm...i dont want to take the risk, besides the update wasn't blocked when i was on 1.6....well it stopped halfway and gave me the problem but it still asked me when i put the disc in.

17. someonewhodied

United States
    THats what I mean by blocking the update. They block it by giving an error code after downloading it and it checks your drive for LT+1.9

But the only reason to update is to access xbox live.

18. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    So i shouldnt update at all then? (sorry for these nooby questions i just dont wanna risk it again.)

19. someonewhodied

United States
    Its fine if you update. Its just pointless other than being able to use xbox live.

20. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    fair enough i moreso just want to do it to get rid of the message. i think i might skip it incase but if i ever do wanna update would it be better to get it off microsofts site or just do it off the disc?