PS1/2 Help!! Adding solder to a pre existing contact?

Jack-Of-Trades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to add more solder to a contact?

Reason I'm needing to On my psx sometime wires comes off and soldering it back i lose a lil bit of solder Eventualy there won't be enough to hold the wires

(Switched to wires from a USB Cable (single color kynar wire makes it a pain))

My soldering iron is a fine point one but still hard to control exactly where solder will go and don't want to ruin the board

So any suggestions?

I tried over tinning (Using solder to hold the wire strands together) some wires but that doesn't seem to help at all

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Clean point and put some flux on it. Then just tin it as normal , clean point + flux=solder goes where you want it. Also multicore wire is fail for chipping stuff , single core is better.

Jack-Of-Trades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Clean point and put some flux on it. Then just tin it as normal , clean point + flux=solder goes where you want it. Also multicore wire is fail for chipping stuff , single core is better.

Um actually i tried the "best" wire first and it was a pain in the ass the multi core made it a lot easier due to multi colors and me not having a striper for 30awg wire which made the wire break really easy since it scored the wire

And since i don't want to spend $25+ for 7 different colors this usb wire is perfect for my need and tinning a wire is a good practice and makes it perform nearly as exact if not as exact single core

But thanks very much for the tips thank you

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not all flux is corrosive , proper flux for doing electronic work is non-corrosive and non-conductive. You got corrosive stuff and you have the wrong type.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: como estas parce?