goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I found the SD card to my broken DSi, and on the SD card is some dumps I made using fwTool 1.6 back when the Flipnote exploit leaked. Now I know that these dumps didn't have no$GBA footers, so I need to add them myself. The issue is, I have no idea how. Before you ask, no I cannot make a new dump because the DSi is broken and I'm not good enough at soldering to do a hardware-based dump. My ultimate goal of all of this is to recover my old Flipnotes, and I planned on doing that by booting the NAND dump in an emulator. Any help is appreciated, and I'll post a screenshot to the files fwTool 1.6 genderated.

EDIT: I just realized I may be misremembering some stuff but I'm not too sure, I did this all 3 years ago.

upload_2020-6-24_17-23-28.png

Last edited by Dionicio3,

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Just an update, here's what I currently have available that may help:
  • A picture of the NAND chip on my DSi I just took
  • A copy of Uno and Flipnote Studio I moved to the SD card from the DSi settings
  • The actual DSi (unable to turn it on, power board is fucked)
  • The archive of the flipnote exploit leak (with the copy of fwTool 1.6 I used)

Aphelios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Seeing that you have both the CID.bin file and the dumps of the DSiWare you had, you can add the No$GBA footer using HiyaCFW Helper in NAND mode, you would need your Console ID and your CID. You can get your Console ID using DSi SRL extractor with a dump of one of the DSiWare you have, although I am not sure how to get the CID, because I never dumped the CID.bin of my console (because I modified my console recently and I didn't have the need to do that :P) but you can probably get it with a hex editor, so good luck with that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple