Hacking Help about R4i card firmware

beko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
image.jpeg I have a problem about R4i card the one in the pictures i tried alot of firmwares and kernels no one can load on my ds lite , I don't know if it's original or fake one but some times i gives me loading screen and freeze other times witj different kernels the loading screen disappears and gives a white or dark screen please help !!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    824.9 KB · Views: 264
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 227
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 210
Last edited by beko,

DarthItachiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 143154 I have a problem about R4i card the one in the pictures i tried alot of firmwares and kernels no one can load on my ds lite , I don't know if it's original or fake one but some times i gives me loading screen and freeze other times witj different kernels the loading screen disappears and gives a white or dark screen please help !!
Pretty sure is a fake R4 ... Find an old firmware version for the R4 gold, don't use the latest because if the R4 hasn't been flash with an update is not going to boot with the latest firmware ... you might be able to get it boot and the find out if it has an update then you be able to put the latest one out. Look for a version at least from 5 years ago.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: beko

beko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Pretty sure is a fake R4 ... Find an old firmware version for the R4 gold, don't use the latest because if the R4 hasn't been flash with an update is not going to boot with the latest firmware ... you might be able to get it boot and the find out if it has an update then you be able to put the latest one out. Look for a version at least from 5 years ago.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thx , i will give it a try , and will be greatly thankful if you give me a link for a firmware like you mentioned ☺️

DarthItachiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx , i will give it a try , and will be greatly thankful if you give me a link for a firmware like you mentioned ☺️
Check if this info can help you. Test each one to see if it works. Just copy and paste the content inside the folders one at a time in the root of the micro sd.

Files

beko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Check if this info can help you. Test each one to see if it works. Just copy and paste the content inside the folders one at a time in the root of the micro sd.

neither of them worked all of them just stuck on loading screen
my SD card is SDHC do you think it`s not compatible with the r4 ?

DarthItachiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neither of them worked all of them just stuck on loading screen
my SD card is SDHC do you think it`s not compatible with the r4 ?

What size ?? There are a lot of flashcard that doesn't support more than 16GB. Try a smaller one if you have.

beko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Then the card should be the problem. Do at least you get the loading screen to be scene or it still shows a white screen.
it gives me the word loading on a black background , so i think the card itself working so the problem maybe in the firmware or in the card , but the card was working fine on the mobile phone :unsure:

DarthItachiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it gives me the word loading on a black background , so i think the card itself working so the problem maybe in the firmware or in the card , but the card was working fine on the mobile phone :unsure:

Which of the files gives you the loading screen so I can check if I got an older revision firmware.

beko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Found this site that contain every single flashcart firmware. Hopefully you can find the one that works for you ... http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/
IT WORKED FINALLY , BUT A LOT OF GAMES DONT LOAD LIKE POKEMON BLACK AND OTHERS SAYS UNABLE TO ACCESS SAVE DATA :huh::unsure:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Found this site that contain every single flashcart firmware. Hopefully you can find the one that works for you ... http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/
THE FIRMWARE VERSION 1.5 IS THE NEWEST ONE THE LOADED OF MY R4 R4iGOLD Revolution for NDSi/NDSL/NDS

DarthItachiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT WORKED FINALLY , BUT A LOT OF GAMES DONT LOAD LIKE POKEMON BLACK AND OTHERS SAYS UNABLE TO ACCESS SAVE DATA :huh::unsure:

THE FIRMWARE VERSION 1.5 IS THE NEWEST ONE THE LOADED OF MY R4 R4iGOLD Revolution for NDSi/NDSL/NDS

You might have to check if there is an update for R4i Bios because there are games that require a higher firmware to run. If there is no update for your flashcart you might have to patch the roms to a lower firmware to be able to run them on your current card. Here is a video on how to patch them ... Video ... This tutorial might help you too ... Tutorial ... The answer is a few posts down the page.

Reactions: beko

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Looks like a fake r4, would be kinda hard to track down firmware for it. I wish you best of luck tho
Pretty sure is a fake R4
Every R4 on the market is a fake R4, even the R4 1:1 clones are technically fake. The real R4 team died years ago and the brand name was picked up by countless teams to cash in the popularity of the cart.

Also for the OP, you might also be able to use Retro's files
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

beko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
:cry:WTr
You might have to check if there is an update for R4i Bios because there are games that require a higher firmware to run. If there is no update for your flashcart you might have to patch the roms to a lower firmware to be able to run them on your current card. Here is a video on how to patch them ... Video ... This tutorial might help you too ... Tutorial ... The answer is a few posts down the page.
Tried all these methods still no luck

Every R4 on the market is a fake R4, even the R4 1:1 clones are technically fake. The real R4 team died years ago and the brand name was picked up by countless teams to cash in the popularity of the cart.

Also for the OP, you might also be able to use Retro's files
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/
Will give it a try and give you the feedback:unsure:

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things