Hacking [Help] A9LH + Gateway 3DS

qwertycow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got A9LH on my n3ds using the Plailect guide. I've had a Gateway 3DS flashcart ever since... how exactly do I use it now since my 3ds has A9LH? The reason I would like to use the card is because I could just put .3ds files on there instead of taking the time to install .cia files on my console.

Reactions: kaiomar

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I recently got A9LH on my n3ds using the Plailect guide. I've had a Gateway 3DS flashcart ever since... how exactly do I use it now since my 3ds has A9LH? The reason I would like to use the card is because I could just put .3ds files on there instead of taking the time to install .cia files on my console.
Get the arm9loaderhax.bin from the Downloads section of Gateway's website and put it in luma/payloads on your SD. Rename it down_GW.bin. Now when you hold down on boot you should get the Gateway menu come up (or booting straight into Gateway after seeing the red dragon logo if you have the cartridge inserted).

Troubleshooting.

If you see the logo and then a black screen, you need to get rid of your emuNAND properly with emuNAND9. Choose the format SD without emuNAND option.

If you just get a black screen with no logo, you're using a non screen init version. Someone will chime in with a guide to change over to screen init or you can google it.

By the way, cias are way way more convenient than .3ds files now. You can download and install in one go from the console using CIAngel or freeShop. No computer needed. So, no more navigating adfly websites and having to fill out surveys or putting up with the ad-filled, malware-filled ISO site. The only thing more convenient is if you dump your own cartridges.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Get the arm9loaderhax.bin from the Downloads section of Gateway's website and put it in luma/payloads on your SD. Rename it down_GW.bin. Now when you hold down on boot you should get the Gateway menu come up (or booting straight into Gateway after seeing the red dragon logo if you have the cartridge inserted).

Troubleshooting.

If you see the logo and then a black screen, you need to get rid of your emuNAND properly with emuNAND9. Choose the format SD without emuNAND option.

If you just get a black screen with no logo, you're using a non screen init version. Someone will chime in with a guide to change over to screen init or you can google it.

By the way, cias are way way more convenient than .3ds files now. You can download and install in one go from the console using CIAngel or freeShop. No computer needed. So, no more navigating adfly websites and having to fill out surveys or putting up with the ad-filled, malware-filled ISO site. The only thing more convenient is if you dump your own cartridges.
Good answer, but it's not that true, the 3ds download speed is not that great compared to a pc, just using adblock works with that iso site and probably you will get it faster with your pc for a .3ds or a cia

Last edited by kamesenin888,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Good answer, but it's not that true, the 3ds download speed is not that great compared to a pc, just using adblock works with that iso site and probably you will get it faster with your pc for a .3ds or a cia
You're not counting the time trying to find a real file that isn't hidden behind multiple layers of things you need to click through, and then the sites that make you register, or make you wait 2 minutes, or ones where you have to download pieces of the file and go through the process multiple times etc. It's also not counting the time wasted when the file turns out to be labelled incorrectly or get corrupted on its way from the computer to the SD card. Or the time wasted when the SD card gets fragmented due to too many separate writes and you have to copy files off and format and copy them back on. Or the time wasted due to .3ds files being way bigger than .cia files. Not to mention that downloading a .3ds file is a multistep process - browse to find what you want on the ISO site, navigate through all the crap, find out it won't let you download, start again and find a different copy, navigate through the crap, wait for it to download, put SD in computer, wait for it to copy, put it back in your cartridge... Whereas freeShop: browse for game in 2 seconds, add to queue, wait for it to download, then ready to play!

qwertycow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not counting the time trying to find a real file that isn't hidden behind multiple layers of things you need to click through, and then the sites that make you register, or make you wait 2 minutes, or ones where you have to download pieces of the file and go through the process multiple times etc. It's also not counting the time wasted when the file turns out to be labelled incorrectly or get corrupted on its way from the computer to the SD card. Or the time wasted when the SD card gets fragmented due to too many separate writes and you have to copy files off and format and copy them back on. Or the time wasted due to .3ds files being way bigger than .cia files. Not to mention that downloading a .3ds file is a multistep process - browse to find what you want on the ISO site, navigate through all the crap, find out it won't let you download, start again and find a different copy, navigate through the crap, wait for it to download, put SD in computer, wait for it to copy, put it back in your cartridge... Whereas freeShop: browse for game in 2 seconds, add to queue, wait for it to download, then ready to play!
Hmm I never thought about it in that way, thanks for reminding me haha.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
and also there is disconnection that crashes the download not be able to resume, and that we dont know how safe and how nintendo will retaliate for using tiks, ther time you take finding something is far less than the 3ds to download it, why not try to download resident evil chronicles, in a 3ds vs a pc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu